GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have noticed the last few times when backing up in my '08 the sound will ding when I am getting close to something, but the icons that use to show up on the screen are not appearing any more. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,

·
Registered
635 Posts
Never seen icons on the screen, only from the display in the back of the cabin reflected on the mirror.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sunkahlua, do you have the NAV option?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I do. My SLT2 has the back up assist/camera, navigation system, DVD player etc. Loaded I love it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the same system and always had the ICONs. There must be a systemic fault. ???

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Sunkahlua said:
Yes I do. My SLT2 has the back up assist/camera, navigation system, DVD player etc. Loaded I love it.
Hey Sunkahlua - If you update your signature to include the details of your car and it will make it easier for others to help you when you have questions. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the heads up about updating the signature, I have done that. I will add this to the list of things to have looked at before the 36,000 miles. I posted earlier about the oil in the air filter housing. Might as make it worth my time to be there. ;D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't checked the owners manual, guess that will be the next step. Just was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and how they fixed it. Luckily it will still beep at me. Just love this feature and was one of the reasons I wanted an Acadia.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I believe I was just sitting in the car one day playing with the menu and turned them off by accident. Then turned them back on once I had realized what I had done it was pretty simple.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sunkahlua said:
Hello,

I have noticed the last few times when backing up in my '08 the sound will ding when I am getting close to something, but the icons that use to show up on the screen are not appearing any more. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,
Did you turn them off by accident. Following is from page 2-37 of the 2008 Acadia, Enclave, Equinox, Lucerne, OUTLOOK,
Torrent and VUE Navigation System manual.

Symbols
The navigation system may have a feature for you to view symbols on the navigation screen while using
the rear vision camera. The Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist (URPA) system must not be disabled to use the
caution symbols. If URPA has been disabled and the symbols have been turned on, the Rear Parking
Assist Symbols Unavailable error message may display.

See “Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist (URPA)” in the Index of the vehicle’s owner manual.
The symbols will appear when an object has been detected by the URPA system. The symbol may cover
the object when viewing the navigation screen.

To turn the symbols on or off, do the following:
1. Make sure that URPA has not been disabled.
2. Shift into PARK (P).
3. Press the MENU hard key to enter the configure menu options, then press the MENU hard key
repeatedly until Display is selected or touch the Display screen button.
4. Select the Rear Camera Options screen button. The Rear Camera Options screen will display.
5. Touch the Symbols screen button. The screen button will be highlighted when on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We may have...I let my husband drive it a couple of weeks ago and he played with a few things ::). I will try this tonight and will update if it fixes the problem. Thanks for the heads up...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tim said:
Did you turn them off by accident. Following is from page 2-37 of the 2008 Acadia, Enclave, Equinox, Lucerne, OUTLOOK,
Torrent and VUE Navigation System manual.

Symbols
The navigation system may have a feature for you to view symbols on the navigation screen while using
the rear vision camera. The Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist (URPA) system must not be disabled to use the
caution symbols. If URPA has been disabled and the symbols have been turned on, the Rear Parking
Assist Symbols Unavailable error message may display.

See “Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist (URPA)” in the Index of the vehicle’s owner manual.
The symbols will appear when an object has been detected by the URPA system. The symbol may cover
the object when viewing the navigation screen.

To turn the symbols on or off, do the following:
1. Make sure that URPA has not been disabled.
2. Shift into PARK (P).
3. Press the MENU hard key to enter the configure menu options, then press the MENU hard key
repeatedly until Display is selected or touch the Display screen button.
4. Select the Rear Camera Options screen button. The Rear Camera Options screen will display.
5. Touch the Symbols screen button. The screen button will be highlighted when on.
Thank You !! Thank You!!! I went and tried this and now I have my Icons back :thumb:
It only took a few seconds... Appreciate the help. :blob:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts