GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the iconnect in my 2008 acadia with nav. Pretty happy with it so far but was wondering if anyone else has tried the scoshe unit out as well as the iconnect. Which one do you prefer? With the scoshe can you search through your artist, for example using the up and down touch arrow.? Will it scroll through so many at a time? If you touch the middle of the line that points up and down will your artists jump to like letter m or n? With the iconnect unless I have something hooked up wrong when you search artist for example you have to use the rotary knob to search through the artist. I want to be able to search through the artist many at a time instead of using the knob and going one at a time.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The Scosche unit allows one to utilize the menu button to select artists - but does not have the IPOD"ism" of quickly switching to a letter selection to speed up the search. There is a secondary problem with the menu option with the 2007-8 Nav unit and that is with available memory. There is a limit. The memory limitation is what caps the number of mp3's you can have on a CD. It also caps the number of artists the Nav will display on the menu list. Same applies to songs searches. The limitation is not caused by the Scosche device, but by the NAV unit. You have to be ready to utilize playlists in order to maximize IPOD utilization with the Nav unit. The one work around to this limitation is utilizing the Scosche units manual option whereby you control the IPOD via the IPOD.

The Nav's coming for the 2009 models must have additional memory allocation to host bluetooth importing of phone lists from the phone - which in turn would probably reduce the menu selection limitation noted above.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts