GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else tired of the DIC and HUD flashing .....Ice Warning Drive with Caution...
Is there a way to turn this warning off?

·
Registered
681 Posts
I guess if you can get your temperature gauge to get stuck at a temp above freezing the warning will not come on. ;D

I actually had my first message this morning, I do not think there is any way to turn this off. It does not seem to bother me as the message turns off after a minute. I guess if you are getting in and out alot and turning the engine on each time then it would become annoying.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I got this for the first time this morning @ 35 degrees. I thought it was strange because it's been colder... ???

·
Registered
542 Posts
Pushing the check mark acknowledges the warning and turns it off. I know of no way to make it so it does not come on at all though. Wonder if there is a tornado warning too? :eek:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Keith said:
Wonder if there is a tornado warning too? :eek:
Only when all four wheels come off the ground and the compass spins.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Good one i live in tornado alley and that was great. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Isn't it nice that the car talks to you? Keeps your mind occupied while you're driving.....Love it!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Got the alert this morning in the WV mountains (28 degrees). When I restarted the Acadia in the valley, it was 35 degrees and yes, got the alert again. I suspect that it displays up to somewhere between 35 and 40 degrees.

Doesn't bother me at all to get this alert. It disappears after 5-10 seconds.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I think it sets off at 35deg. I started the car this morning, temp displayed 37. As I drove off and it reached 35, I got the same warning..it was gone in 5 seconds or so.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have not gotten this warning yet, but Oh, it is coming, since I live in New England.
If it works like my 04 Yukon Denali did, it will shut off after a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I envy you guys!!!!!!!!!!! It is still 85 here. We won't see ice warning until at least Feb. I really miss the snow!!!!! :sosad:

·
Registered
384 Posts
mckcab said:
I envy you guys!!!!!!!!!!! It is still 85 here. We won't see ice warning until at least Feb. I really miss the snow!!!!! :sosad:
Snow is fun for a little while, but several months of it can get weary, especially when cleaning it up all the time. More fun when you can play in it and go back to warm weather after. :sosad:

·
Registered
246 Posts
mckcab said:
Geez, ya should have said something earlier. I could have saved ya some from Sunday's snowfall ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts