GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well.. you know, I was actually looking for info on my wife’s ‘14 Acadia Denali always defaulting to DEFROST on every start up and the thread I searched led to the ICE on the inside of the windshield thread, so I replied. I didn’t check the date.
Thanx for the welcome and jolly responses, I can take good humor.

·
Registered
332 Posts
No harm, just makes me scratch my head wondering how someone stumbles onto a 10 year old thread.

I've lived my life in the mid-Atlantic. Have experienced inside condensation but never ice.
They do a global search for a problem - and then either totally forget to check the dates, OR they reply anyway because their answer wasn’t covered in the thread and they think it’ll be helpful when someone stumbles upon the same thread via a similar search later on.

Like I mentioned above - some questions and problems are timeless.

Now - what would be odd is if the guy was searching for a fix specific to his AMC Pacer, Matador, Rambler, Spirit or Gremlin (not to rag on AMC here) - then replied to that thread with his “solution”. Very limited audience there.

UPDATE:

LOL! I just noticed he replied!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
They do a global search for a problem - and then either totally forget to check the dates, OR they reply anyway because their answer wasn’t covered in the thread and they think it’ll be helpful when someone stumbles upon the same thread via a similar search later on.

Like I mentioned above - some questions and problems are timeless.

Now - what would be odd is if the guy was searching for a fix specific to his AMC Pacer, Matador, Rambler, Spirit or Gremlin (not to rag on AMC here) - then replied to that thread with his “solution”. Very limited audience there.

UPDATE:
LOL! I just noticed he replied!
I like AMC cars. Back in '71, I was all set to order a new Javelin. Black on black with the 401 engine. Liked everything about the car except for the silly stripe on the hood. Dealer said I could not order stripe delete and they were unwilling to remove the stripe.

Hopped into my '70 Road Runner and beep beeped my butt down the road.

Odd that you mention the Matador. The neighbor across the street from me just finished restoring a '75 Matador wagon.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Today, I would imagine, AMC cars would “stand out” because of how strange they would look. Back then they were just ugly cars amidst other less ugly cars.

Matador wagon looked like every other station wagon from that era. Nothing “additionally” ugly about them. Maybe he just wants a Brady Bunch wagon to relive his childhood days, and any one in decent shape does the trick?

I had a friend who had a Rambler for years. He hated it, but at least it wasn’t odd-looking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
LOL, funny you mention the AMC’s. My dad had an AMC wagon and then our next car was a Matador, I have always been very fond of the Javelins.

The search date for the Acadia issue was old, no real answers for correcting it and a dead end, the ICE problem was a squirrel.... it needed chased.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
16 Participants
Buzzmanb12
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing