GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is new to us! Do we fill out paperwork, put down a deposit...what else?

Also, any ideas on how a trade-in is handled?

Thanks!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm sure all dealerships are different...but this is what I have experienced so far.

I negotiated the price through email. The dealership is 2 1/2 hours away from me...none of my local dealers would even come close to the price I received.

Anyway, the dealership required a $500 REFUNDABLE deposit (get it in writing that it's refundable). You will also have to sign a sales agreement that shows exactly what you ordered with all options as well as the MSRP, the price that you agreed to pay, as well as taxes, title, documentation fee, etc. Once you sign that sales agreement, they will put your order into their system. From there, it's a waiting game. I'm going on week four with no change change of my 2000 status (priority 7). I was told it would take about 6-12 weeks.

There is a great thread on this message board about all the status codes that GM uses when your Acadia is being built. Your salesmen should keep you updated (or you can harass him/her).

Status Code Explanations - http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=29.0

This was the easiest buying experience in my life...just sent out about 25 emails to internet managers in Ohio/Indiana/Michigan/Kentucky...the Toledo, OH dealership won hands down...about $700 below invoice. Most others wanted $1000 above invoice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here's what we did:

- We sat with the salesman and built the car we wanted
- He printed out the sheet with the options/prices (almost the same as you would do on the website)
- We negotiated the price
- We negotiated the trade (we decided not to trade)
- The saleman filled out some sort of invoice, and we got a copy
- We left a $500 deposit, but are not obligated to buy
- Once the car arrives, the deal will be written-up with any current incentives
- After a couple weeks, we started calling weekly to get updates

·
Registered
269 Posts
Here is what happened:
- went for a test drive in an SLT2 with just about every option, at least all the options we could possibly want so we could be 100% sure of what we were going to order.
- sat down with sales manager at his pc, and did the GM Workbench to build the car online together and got a printout of that
- meanwhile, their used car manager priced my trade
- sales manager gave me price of car (Supplier pricing, easy) - and verbally gave me an idea of the trade value of our car.
- sales manager said that he was confident that they could come up on that trade when we actually did the transaction (and they did, their initial number was $3500 below what I wanted and $2k below my minimum. In the end, they came up 2500 from that price, and I had to come down 1000 from what I wanted. It was a fair price for the trade.
- no deposit was made, no commitment by either of us. He stated that for their dealership, that under normal inventory levels, they preferred not to do down payments as long as the order wasn't too weird. If we couldn't come to a deal when the car got there, everything would be cool.

- When the car finally came in (and waiting was the hardest part, especially after about 6 weeks). Went in, came to final terms, and left with new car. Everybody happy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I went thru basically the same as everyone else had stated earlier, but I just wanted to add that some dealers will run a credit check prior to placing the order with GM to make sure you are credit worthy and can get financed. My dealership the deposit was not refundable but I was dead set with buying an Acadia anyways so it didn't matter. As everyone has already said waiting is the hardest part of the process, especially after 6 weeks of no news from the dealership. I ended up calling GM for status directly after getting my order number from the dealer. I ended up doing financing and insurance over the phone and signed the paperwork when I went to pick up my car.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts