GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How exciting. Ellen Degeneras just gave me the exact Acadia you have. I'm so excited. Unfortunately I have to wait another 3-6 weeks for it to be delivered. Your pictures made me smile. I could have had the purple looking color but the one that was on the show was Red so I gotta go with Red...Plus, I guess I love red. At least that's what i said several times between scream's and wow's and oh my gosh'es. So I got to go to the dealer and special order it...how fun huh?? Love the pics and love the snow.
Have a grat day.
Karol...The lucky winner of a new Acadia

·
Registered
730 Posts
I won an Acadia from Ellen!

KarolsAcadia said:
How exciting. Ellen Degeneras just gave me the exact Acadia you have. I'm so excited. Unfortunately I have to wait another 3-6 weeks for it to be delivered. Your pictures made me smile. I could have had the purple looking color but the one that was on the show was Red so I gotta go with Red...Plus, I guess I love red. At least that's what i said several times between scream's and wow's and oh my gosh'es. So I got to go to the dealer and special order it...how fun huh?? Love the pics and love the snow.
Have a grat day.
Wow! Congratulations.

·
Registered
249 Posts

KarolsAcadia said:
Have a grat day.
Wow! When and why did she do this?!

...nevermind, I just watched the YouTube vid! :thumb: Wow! How nice! So what kind of flexibility did you have in the ordering? Was it "whatever you want"?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

KarolsAcadia said:
How did you get so lucky?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: I won an Acadia from Ellen!

There was no flexibility....It comes with every crazy feature known to man. I picked the color, sort of. I wanted the same one on the show, plus i do like red. As for how it happened?? I'm still in shock. I try to go see a taping every season, it's just a fun place to be. So when i went on Tuesday jan 30th, I brought a bad photo of my daughter. Then you fill out a survey. I put non specific silly answers on it. They call about 30 people out of 300 to talk about their survey's. Kara, the lady I talked to, asked the right questions. I just said, things happen, we are getting through it, the kids have been great and we're all happy an healthy . Then she asked about my car. I told her it's a 1999 GMC Safari Van, I love. Then Because I get so excited about buying the manual and fixing a major problem with it that I couldn't help but tell her the story. After I fixed the fuel pump I called the dealer to see how much it would have cost...$1200.00 to start, if that was the problem. . My husband has always taught us all, 2 girls 16 and 18 & 1 boy 14, the importance and money saving benifits of doing minor work on our dirt biks and cars...washing it in the driveway, oil changing, knowing how to fix a flat, installing new brake pads and now installing electric fuel pumps. . I'm not sure if I was just lucky or blessed...maybe both. I have been checking out the brochure for 2 weeks now so it's almost like I have it already. I stopped Friday and assisted in a car accident and hesitated getting out of my van grabbing my cell and looking up at the non existent Onstar button I don't have yet. Maybe that's why I was given the car...major charma built up. . As for the accident...all involved will be fine. I held a towel to the 12 year old boy's head, Jesus, talking to him until the EMT's arrived. My thoughts were, If I had the Onstar, would they have gotten there faster. Man they took forever. Another thought...Jesus did not have his seat belt on....WHY??? Any way that's my story (yep, I'm sticking to it.) so even though I'm not buying it myself, I'm very excited to be one you guys... A very proud owners of an Acadia. Funny...I just posted the video on Youtube Sunday as well as logged on here Sunday and someone has already gone and watched. Whata crazyy high tech world we live in. Can't wait to post pictures... I hope It has the silly bow on it. Toodles, every one. Karol

Report to moderator 71.119.181.171

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ellen Degeneras gave ME a 2008 GMC Acadia...Woo Hoo, can't

·
Registered
51 Posts
Re: I won an Acadia from Ellen Degeneras!

Just watched the You Tube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqan8S6m9Oc). Very, very cool! Congratulations! (PS - You're gonna LOVE
this vehicle!)

EDITED by admin to add video:
HTML:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dqan8S6m9Oc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dqan8S6m9Oc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thank you ;D. However there seem's to be a lot to learn. Don't get me wrong, I am so willing to figure it all out. I keep reading all I can so when it does get here, I can WOW my family and friends with crazy stats and info. I'm thinking about downloading the manuals for all the gadgets...The brochure is getting rather worn out from excessive reading...lol ;D The dealer tried to give me a new one but they were all out. My cell phones wall paper is a picture of the brochure. Let's just say...I can hardly WAIT!! :blob:

·
Registered
249 Posts

What a great story KA! I always wondered about these things...like, is the person REALLY surprised, and did you really drive home in it as Ellen suggested you do...carefully! :) Congratulations, and welcome to the happy (if somewhat dysfunctional) Acadia forum family! ;D

·
Registered
165 Posts

Too cool! That brought tears to my eyes! Congrats!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the group.

·
Registered
123 Posts

Has anyone mentioned to you that you'll get a IRS form 1099 for the value of the Acadia and you'll have to pay income tax on it. Still a great deal but don't overlook that detail!

·
Registered
249 Posts

Quick! Move to Canada! ;D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

bg1811 said:
Has anyone mentioned to you that you'll get a IRS form 1099 for the value of the Acadia and you'll have to pay income tax on it. Still a great deal but don't overlook that detail!
Oh ya.... mother in law couldn't wait to tell me. Already called my tax lady. She graciously offered to take the Acadia off my hands and pay the $4,000. gift tax. Crazy woman. We'll just loose a dependant for a year. Instead of claiming 3 we'll claim 2. I wonder which one I will choose to delete... lol. Plus... I have a whole year to worry about that, and I'm sure I will. But I'll do it driving a new Acadia... :blob: woo hoo. Thanks for looking out for me. :thumb:
Karol

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Traclavelook said:
Quick! Move to Canada! ;D
You totally made me laugh!!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

Well sorry to hear about your hard times, but congrats on your Acadia and hope all is well. :clap2: :clap2: :banana: :dancing:

·
Registered
68 Posts

Just watched the video. Count me amongst those offering CONGRATULATIONS!!!! My wife loves her Acadia and I'm sure you and your family will as well!! (My wife does let me wash it but it sounds as if you can do that and more)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

bonk1313 said:
Well sorry to hear about your hard times, but congrats on your Acadia and hope all is well. :clap2: :clap2: :banana: :dancing:
Thanks.. the family are all happy and healthy, we take it one day at a time...what more could I want....beside the delivery of my Acadia. :dancing:

Had to use your dancing guys...they are the cutiest.

·
Registered
275 Posts

Awesome. The wife watches Ellen religiously, and you just made her day by posting here.

Congrats on the Acadia!

·
Registered
11 Posts

Congratulations! I just watched your video! Awesome! So happy for you. I love my Acadia and am sure you will love yours!!
;D

1 - 20 of 100 Posts