GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to thank all you folks for providing me with great insight while trying to purchase an Acadia. I regretfully have to tell you that I brought home a new vehicle yesterday and it was not an Acadia. Dealers in my area refused to move on the Acadia. I became so frustrated that I opted for the Tahoe instead. Maybe I will get my wife an 08 once the demand settles a bit.

You guys/gals have a great community of people here. :cheers:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I don't blame you. Actually, after going to the auto show yesterday, all I can think of is that Infiniti G35x sedan. That car fit me like a glove. I sat in the Acura TL, BMW 328i, and Lexus I350...and none of them felt right.

I really liked the Acadia...but I believe I could have more fun in the G35. However, I have a feeling that practicality will come before fun right now since I have a six and two year old. I guess the fun cars come when they move on to college.

·
Registered
468 Posts
fenwah said:
I don't blame you. Actually, after going to the auto show yesterday, all I can think of is that Infiniti G35x sedan. That car fit me like a glove. I sat in the Acura TL, BMW 328i, and Lexus I350...and none of them felt right.

I really liked the Acadia...but I believe I could have more fun in the G35. However, I have a feeling that practicality will come before fun right now since I have a six and two year old. I guess the fun cars come when they move on to college.
Those are nice vehicles. I looked at the previous generation before I bought my Subaru Outback. If I had decided to get a loaded Outback I would probably have spent a few grand more and gotten the G35x.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
tshamba - that's unfortunate but understandable. Feel free to stop by every so often and say hi. Let us know how that new Tahoe is working out for you (very nice truck!)

When I sell my G coupe, I'll most likely replace it with a G35 sport sedan. I have never enjoyed a car so much as I do my G, but the thought of loading two kids into the tight back seat is daunting. Oh well the new G sedan is absolutely awesome, so maybe it'll help take the sting out of losing the coupe. Still got a while to think about it ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Still a terrific truck, and has been a big seller for many, many years now. I'd love one too, aside from the terrible rear seat and cargo layout compared to something like an Acadia.

Hope it works out well for you! We've had 2 last gen models, and both have been terrific.

·
Registered
306 Posts
tshamba,

I do believe this Forum is for people who are interested in Acadias, meeting nice people, and having some fun--you don't need to regret that!

Just because you purchased another vehicle, it doesn't stop you from staying on as a member and contributing to this gaggle! Best wishes with your Tahoe!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Today i rode in the new Tahoe for the first time. Its really nice pretty quiet too.. Way better than our 2000 Suburban!! But i still like the looks of the Acadia/Enclave better.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Several of the guys in my offiice have the new Tahoes or Yukons. They are nice vehicles, particularly if you ever need some off-road capabilities. One of the guys owns a ranch that can only be reached via a long, rocky road that often washes out. He loves his Tahoe's ability to get there.

Kelly

·
Registered
125 Posts
In addition to my Outlook, I own an 07 Tahoe. I need it to get out to our oil fields.... a place I never want my Outlook to see! The Tahoe is a very nice vehicle and serves a useful purpose.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replies folks. Don’t worry, I’ll be sticking around! I really enjoy the site. I still think I will end up with an Acadia once things settle down a bit (were having another baby Wednesday). The wife will need to upgrade her vehicle too!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm sure you'll enjoy your Tahoe. Maybe Acadia next time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
fenwah said:

I have three kids between four and seven, and daily put them into a Mazda Protege5 without a problem. But that's just me.

There are times when an Acadia would be more handy: when my parents are in town, or when someone wants to bring a friend home with them from school. or on trips. But that's not often enough to push me into a larger vehicle...yet. The day is coming.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts