GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We always park in a corner spot to reduce the door ding possibility by 50%. Church is no exception (Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven) :angel:. This morning, we rolled into the lot & saw our "normal" spot had been taken, so we found another corner spot & went inside.

After the service, we came outside & saw two dark blue Acadias! Since this was not a communion service :beer:, I knew I wasn't seeing double (J/K, it is grape juice). I commented to Mrs. Blue how her Acadia had a twin, and hit the unlock button. Shades of another post here, the lights on the second one flashed about 2 seconds after ours did (the thought did cross my mind that our remote may trigger theirs). A lady & her daughter were right behind us, so naturally I told her how nice her vehicle looked and put in a plug for our forum. Turns out she was really displeased with her 2007 SLT! In our short conversation, I learned the transmission had failed right after she got it, the sunroof had leaked (repaired once and good ever since). She said it had not been a good vehicle, and it was not as good as her Toyota that she had prior to it. I told her we were happy with ours, and had gotten it in September, and the transmission had issues on the earlier models, but the 2009 model had several improvements, supposedly including the transmission.

I was sorry to hear about her bad experiences. Looks like we picked the wrong week to leave the Challenger at home! :)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Maybe, thanks to you, she'll join this forum and discover that all her issues with the Acadia are fixable and that she can learn to love her vehicle. :)

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
She said it had not been a good vehicle, and it was not as good as her Toyota that she had prior to it.
Unfortunately those that have drunk the Honda/Toyota kool-aid will never give domestics a fair shake. The foreign cars I've owned have not been any better than what GM is making now (though I've had some steaming piles of GM **** from the 80s.)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've found the best combo is a Toyota from the 80's with a Chevy motor from the 00's. :) I've driven the Supra to church a few times when Mrs. Blue has been out of town, but by design no one notices it unless they are really paying attention (or possibly driving a 350Z ;)).

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
but by design no one notices it unless they are really paying attention...
A Supra with a V8 rumble would definitely get my attention. ;)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
GeoHawk said:
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
She said it had not been a good vehicle, and it was not as good as her Toyota that she had prior to it.
Unfortunately those that have drunk the Honda/Toyota kool-aid will never give domestics a fair shake. The foreign cars I've owned have not been any better than what GM is making now (though I've had some steaming piles of GM **** from the 80s.)
I just don't get it. Hondas are (IMHO) the most boring cars to look at and drive on the face of the earth. They stepped up on the Acura line but even then..... Toyotas are OK, but my husband swears they are too expensive for what you get. Lexus has great service, I am not sure about the Toyota. My parents have a Lexus, my husband had an Acura, but no one in my family has ever had a Toyota or a Honda and we've had a bunch.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hondas are boring and cheap, but they are reliable.
Though Honda has had their fair share of recalls.

I think toyota's best vehicle is the 4runner.

·
Registered
134 Posts
GeoHawk said:
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Hey, hey... I Have drunk the Honda/Toyota/BMW/MBZ you so call kool-aid and Now i'm giving the Domestic a fair shake with my 09' Acadia. So far so good... haven't had any problems with it and I gotta admit. I use to hear horror stories about domestic cars from the earlier models. The only few things I don't like about the acadia is the plasticky/cheap feel of the buttons and dashboard. Ohhh and the shifting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts