GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I typically drive a car at least 100,000 miles and I hate losing money on any car, I'm seriiously considering selling the Acadia. I have owned the car for just over a year and have had no problems with it, but I don't think it is the right vehicle for me. On the plus side it is very comfortable, roomy, and has decent looks. The negatives are only fair gas mileage, average performance, and unknown long term reliability. I guess I just don't find it very fun or interesting to drive. It is a good vehicle, but I don't consider it a great one. I haven't started looking yet and I'm in no hurry, so who knows I might not find anything else to replace it, but I kind of doubt it. This is not a slam on Acadia's, but more a personal opinion.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Each to his own.

·
Registered
659 Posts
What is it that you are looking for in a vehicle. Your two negatives, (performance and mileage) are of course somewhat conflicting in that any improvement in one will come at the expense of the other. I can't imagine that you're going to find anything else in this size that does considerably better in one without a big hit in the other so I'm thinking its some othe characteristic you are seeking. Its hard to find a lot of excitement in a 5000 lb people mover, which is why for us its an extra vehicle for when we need the capacity. Rather than lose money replacing it, maybe you just need something like a used Miata to alternate with it.... ;)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Or a Miata with an LS1 swap. :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
The 6.0 yukon denali has got more pep for sure but I wouldn't say it was interesting to drive either and even though they say it's got all the gizmos to get good mileage guess what? Yep, 18 mpg if yer lucky on the hwy, 10-12 in town. I'm with Gerry and get yourself a little speeder. I was thinking about a mini cooper myself but then why do I need four cars?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I probably just need something a little smaller and lighter. Infinity has a new SUV out based on the G35 which I will take a look at, but since it has just come out I would wait to buy for a year or two.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
big bear craig said:
I think I probably just need something a little smaller and lighter. Infinity has a new SUV out based on the G35 which I will take a look at, but since it has just come out I would wait to buy for a year or two.
The Acadia and others in that class, may seem a bit too big for them to handle. Sometimes if you don't try it, you will never know. I hope you find the down size that fits your requirements! Smaller fits spaces a bit better, smaller turn radius, visibility......etc. Big size is not for everyone. Right?

·
Registered
614 Posts
If you don't care if the vehicle has a choppy ride or doesn't go in snow all that well, the Saturn Vue/Chevy Equinox is for you. The Acadia is a much better car, enough so that I'd trade off the better mileage of the Vue for the nicer ride and more interior room with the Acadia. The Acadia has direct injection to help with gas mileage and only about 220 cubic inches to move a 5000 lb vehicle. I doubt you'd find another vehicle that large with much better gas mileage. But maybe there's one out there.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm thinking Ford GT...I know they don't make em anymore but that is my wish car. Next best is the original GT 40.

·
Registered
468 Posts
mrvids said:
The Acadia has direct injection to help with gas mileage
Not yet it doesn't, although it is rumored for 2009.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts