GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read about "why acadia and not Enclave" how about "why Acadia not Outlook?

I am new to this forum and love both the Outlook and the Acadia.
For Acadia owners, what swayed you to choose this over the other?

Also, does anyone have 3 children in carseats? Can they fit in the 2nd row bench??

·
Registered
395 Posts
Re: I read about "why acadia and not Enclave" how about "why Acadia not Outlook?

For me, technically there is not much difference between Acadia & Outlook BUT Saturn's "pay sticker price" policy is a no go for me. I won't pay retail for anything. Got the better equipped Acadia (with about $2-3K in options) for less than the cost of the cheapest Saturn without a single option.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Re: I read about "why acadia and not Enclave" how about "why Acadia not Outlook

No HUD in the Outlook. Deal-breaker.

·
Registered
497 Posts

Ditto to what both jfencl and jseck2 posted. Plus, the exterior look of the Acadia is superior to the Outlook in my opinion.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Re: I read about "why acadia and not Enclave" how about "why Acadia not Outlook?

I picked the Outlook ;D because I prefer certain aspects about the look including the rear wrap around glass, the square fat dual tail pipes, no big Red GMC on the front, and a better value for the same vehicle based on my research (with no pre-owned GM deal).
.....although I would not mind having the "HUD".
Key1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Dumb question, what is HUD?

Jseck, how did you get 2-3k in options for less than the base model Outlook??

I really like both vehicles and can't really afford either at the moment, lol...but hopefully in a year or 2 (max) we'll be able to get one.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

sophie said:
I am new to this forum and love both the Outlook and the Acadia.
For Acadia owners, what swayed you to choose this over the other?

Also, does anyone have 3 children in car seats? Can they fit in the 2nd row bench??
I have the bench in my Acadia. There is plenty of room for 3 car seats across the bench. HOWEVER, the center seat is very narrow between the seat belt buckles and you can only put a narrow car seat in the center position. If I were you I would test drive with all 3 car seats in the car you are driving. It may be that you will need to go purchase a specific car seat that will fit that center spot.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

As a two-time Saturn Vue owner, I *was* actually looking forward to the release of the Outlook and had no idea the Acadia existed. But then after seeing it, I wasn't so into it anymore. And then I saw the commercial for the Acadia and was hooked at first sight.

I think with the Outlook, I really don't like the front end (headlights/grille), nor the rear end (taillights). Similar to the Enclave, the interior woodgrain wasn't doing it for me either.

It's a shame, because I really am a Saturn fan. I loved my Saturn Vues. The Outlook just didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. :-\

·
Registered
395 Posts

sophie said:
Maybe I just got lucky but I got the one advertised in the newspaper- $27,900 for a $31K SLE. (This was back in March- including $1000 Conquest)

·
Registered
497 Posts

sophie said:
Dumb question, what is HUD?
HUD = Head Up Display

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

jseck2 said:
sophie said:
Maybe I just got lucky but I got the one advertised in the newspaper- $27,900 for a $31K SLE. (This was back in March- including $1000 Conquest)

Lucky you!

I asked two different Saturn dealers about the differences in body between the outlook/acadia and they both said the bodies are identical. Same size same curves, everything. ( other than the wrap glass back window and lights).

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

There's no argument there. They ARE extremely similar... except for the headlights, grille, wraparound back window and taillights. Which are all of the things I don't care for on the Outlook. Go figure. LOL It's still a sharp looking vehicle, just not the one for me. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts

The way the fenders flare or "bulge" is not the same, between the Outlook and Acadia. There is a character line along the top on the Acadia, and it's just smooth on the Outlook. I preferred the exterior appearance of the Acadia, due to it's beefier, more truck-like appearance. The styling details also struck me as being a more coherent design, with nothing seemingly tacked on or an afterthought. I preferred the more "techie" interior with brushed aluminum and chrome over the Outlook too, which has "wood" and brushed aluminum. The only point, stylistically, that was in favor of the Outlook over the Acadia, in my opinion, was the tail lamp assemblies. It took some getting used to, for me, with the clear and red, rather ornate units on the Acadia, but I actually like them now, they tie into the look of the front. But, at the time, they struck me as looking like aftermarket ricer tail lights, with the Outlook being cleaner. I still would like to find a kit to put amber turn signals on my Acadia. There is a "blank" for them on the outside corners of the backup lights, beneath the clear lenses. Some markets require amber, so I'm sure it exists or will exist at some point.

·
Registered
339 Posts

I went for the Acadia because I slightly like the look of it better. Had the Acadia not existed, I likely would have been just as happy to have purchased that, but I liked the interior and exterior of the Acadia just a little bit better.

Also, it didn't hurt that there is a GMC dealer about 1.5 miles from my house that had a fantastic salesperson who was very knowledgeable and extremely easy to work with.

Now, I just can't wait for mine to arrive... Placed my order 2 weeks ago...

·
Registered
542 Posts

1) Could not use my GM card earnings on the Outlook $3700
2) Hate interior woodgrain
3) Hate yellow dash backlighting
4) Deplorable dealerships
So, no brainer to get the Acadia over the Outlook.

·
Registered
87 Posts

1. You can only get warranty work done on a Saturn at a Saturn dealership. No other GM garage can do the work (under warranty).

2. The Bose stereo option in the Acadia absolutely blows away the Outlook stereo.

·
Registered
362 Posts

Clave Man said:
1. You can only get warranty work done on a Saturn at a Saturn dealership. No other GM garage can do the work (under warranty).
I did not know this. :eek: Glad I didn't go that route.

·
Registered
384 Posts

I just liked the Acadia so much that I did not even compare it to the Outlook before purchase. I also did not know you HAD to go to a Saturn dealer for repairs.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts