GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned Yukons for 8 years and have put on 200,000 miles on both, with little to no problems. Time for a new car. Stuck between the Acadia and the Honda Ridgeline. I drive 200 miles a day (sales) and carry lots of materials. Do you guys have any advice on which way to go. Charlie

·
Registered
405 Posts
Enless you need space and a v-8 with towing power which as you know the yukon has, i would go with the acadia . I have both and love both but if i had to choose one of them i would look at my needs and then decide

·
Registered
524 Posts
HONDA? What's a Honda?

Buy AMERICAN!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think you will get an almost all Acadia opinion here, go to the Ridgeline forum and they will say the Honda...

We are biased, but since you are asking....

ACADIA no doubt!

·
Registered
212 Posts
This one really depends on what you plan on using it for. You're comparing two very different types of vehicles. How about take out the brand of car out of the equation. What fits your needs better a crossover/SUV or a crossover/pick up?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Charlie B said:
I have owned Yukons for 8 years and have put on 200,000 miles on both, with little to no problems. Time for a new car. Stuck between the Acadia and the Honda Ridgeline. I drive 200 miles a day (sales) and carry lots of materials. Do you guys have any advice on which way to go. Charlie
A bit more detail would be nice here.

1) 200 miles on what kind of roads? Are we talking strictly paved roads or are we venturing off the beaten path
along gravel or dirt roads where full 4wd is needed?

2) Lots of what kinds of materials. Is this the kind of stuff that has the potential to ruin the interior and would be
better suited in a pickup box?

If you are talking paved roads and hauling materials that don't need to be in the back of a pickup, then I would
recommend an Acadia. The only reason I could see for going with a Ridgeline would be if you really need pickup box,
and then, I'd probably go with GMC Sierra instead ;D

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Haven't driven the ridgeline, but putting a lot of miles in a week, I would opt for the comfort. So far, Acadia is very comfortable!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hondas seem to be designed for 5 foot tall 120 pound people. Wonder why? Made in Ohio or not they are not designed for Americans IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts