GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been browsing thru the forum trying to get an idea of what people are paying for new Acadias and I'm starting to become concerned about my local market. I live in Western Kansas and everyone around here is wanting sticker -$500 at best. I'm kind of slow, but explain the difference between invoice and sticker. Is the invoice what the dealer bought the vehicle for? I've seen some say they are paying invoice less $500? I'm confused. I know they aren't going to deal alot on these things right now with the shortage of them around and the high demand, but I'd like to at least get a little off since it is half-way thru the model year (for an 08). Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Doodle said:
I've been browsing thru the forum trying to get an idea of what people are paying for new Acadias and I'm starting to become concerned about my local market. I live in Western Kansas and everyone around here is wanting sticker -$500 at best. I'm kind of slow, but explain the difference between invoice and sticker. Is the invoice what the dealer bought the vehicle for? I've seen some say they are paying invoice less $500? I'm confused. I know they aren't going to deal alot on these things right now with the shortage of them around and the high demand, but I'd like to at least get a little off since it is half-way thru the model year (for an 08). Any input appreciated.
My suggestion... Go to consumerreports.com and buy one of their new car price reports. Best $20 you'll spend.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I would use www.edmunds.com. It's free.

Dealer Invoice is not what the dealer ultimately pays. For the Acadia, if the dealer sells at flat invoice, they will get 3% off the deal. If they sell a certain volume, then they get some more at the end of the year.

There are other prices that you will see floating around.
MSRP - This is the sticker price and if you pay even close to this, then you have been shafted.
Supplier pricing - This is a little above dealer invoice. Some dealers will sell at this price right off the bat. This is always a good deal, but not as good as Invoice.
Invoice price - if you can buy at invoice price, then that is a really good deal. My last 5 GM purchases have been at flat invoice price.
GMS pricing - This is employee pricing that will be typically a little bit under dealer invoice but not everyone can get this.

Important to know:
Any and all discounts are subtracted from these prices above. So if there is an incentive of 500, you should be able to get the car for 500 under the above prices.
Advertising fees will be added to the price of the car. Some dealers do not participate in the GM advertising so they will not have these fees. They can be up to $700 and are real and not a scam. I have always found a GM dealer that did not participate in the advertising and therefore did not have these fees.

Use www.edmunds.com to price out the car you want with the exact options. It will show you invoice price along with MSRP. I think it is fair to say that you should be able to buy the car for invoice or a few hundred over invoice (minus any and all incentives).

Good Luck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what you're saying is that their saying sticker minuse rebate then go somewhere else. I didn't know if it's because they are so hot right now that the dealers, just hold out for suckers or what. From what I've read here it looks like invoice should be a few grand under MSRP (of course it depends on which model). Well I guess when I get real serious about it I'll have to get down and dirty the with dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts