GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, yesterday evening, around 7pm, with the Acadia backed into the driveway, I was tinkering around in the cargo area, installing a new dog barrier. Wrapped up around 7:20pm.

This morning, at 7am, we're heading out to work, my wife a few steps in front of me. She turns around and says, "Um, were you trying to give the Acadia away?"

I walk around the corner to see the tailgate FULLY OPEN! Oy vey.... :-[

Anyone else lost their mind for a bit and done something goofy with regard to their beloved Acadia?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I think the worst I've really done is left it unlocked over night, which I'm always like :eek:hno: about in the morning, but nothing bad has ever happened to it.

At least your Acadia was backed up toward the house with the liftgate open. I assume everything that was in it is still in it? ;D

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Web Raven said:
I think the worst I've really done is left it unlocked over night, which I'm always like :eek:hno: about in the morning, but nothing bad has ever happened to it.

At least your Acadia was backed up toward the house with the liftgate open. I assume everything that was in it is still in it? ;D
Try leaving keys in the ignition of the vehicle parked in the garage, with the door to the house unlocked, and garage door wide open.
OOPS. It was still there in the morning.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything was still intact and in place.

Bonk definitely wins...unless someone actually left theirs running overnight, to boot!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I don't think I've ever left the keys in my Acadia. Though I have left the keys to the house in the front door overnight before. DOH!

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Time for GM to modify the power hatch to auto close after being left open for a set period of time.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Being in the Bay Area, you're lucky the Mythbusters didn't swipe it & do something really weird with it. ;D
Yeah, hopefully they didn't flatten the tires and fill them with Mentos and Pepsi....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not with my Outlook. But here's my similar OOPS.

In the late 80's, I filled up my station wagon with family and friends for a day at Great Adventure in NJ.

Near the end of the day as we were getting ready to leave, I couldn't find my keys and thought I must have lost them on one of the many roller coasters.

I went to lost and found to see if they had them. They did. There was a note on car too - “You left your car unlocked, the keys in the ignition, and the car was still running! I turned off your car, locked your doors, and turned your keys into lost and found."

:-[

·
Registered
250 Posts
I park my Acadia in front of my house, and our street is not really a busy street although right in front of my house is a dairy place. more than 3 time I've left the door unlock overnight, and thank God nothing was missing. But still I really try to make sure that the doors are locked. But the worst thing I've left open is our garage door. I have quite a few powertools and several times my neighbor knocked on my door to tell me that my garage door is open. :banghead:

·
Registered
912 Posts
I think I have only ever locked my Acadia in the driveway 3 times since I got it in Sept.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I went on a week's vacation and left the front door of the house wide open. My sister, who takes care of the cats, thought someone broke in a called the police. Nope no one there. I guess I went out the front door, had to get something in the garage and just left.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I was at work on a Saturday, and I had left two tickets to the Detroit Lions game on the dashboard. Someone jimmied the door lock, broke in and left me two more tickets for the Lions game. It's not a nice neighborhood.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I let my wife out at the front of the grocery store to go park my Enclave in the "back forty". She had to get something out of the back, so I raised the back hatch. Because there was someone else behind me, I thought my wife closed the hatch with the button on the gate. It wasn't until I got to the parking area that I realized I drove off with the hatch standing wide open

Rex

·
Registered
294 Posts
mrvids said:
I was at work on a Saturday, and I had left two tickets to the Detroit Lions game on the dashboard. Someone jimmied the door lock, broke in and left me two more tickets for the Lions game. It's not a nice neighborhood.

Now that's a great story!!

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
rexster said:
I let my wife out at the front of the grocery store to go park my Enclave in the "back forty". She had to get something out of the back, so I raised the back hatch. Because there was someone else behind me, I thought my wife closed the hatch with the button on the gate. It wasn't until I got to the parking area that I realized I drove off with the hatch standing wide open

Rex
Guess you didn't look at the DIC which was no doubt advising it was open.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
There's something good to be said for people with OCD. I have a little of it myself, I usually ask my wife a couple times "did you close the garage?...did you lock the car? (in the driveway), etc." If I do it myself, I know it's done, but sometimes I'm fearful someone else will forget.

·
Registered
29 Posts
mtnbound, did the interior lights turn themselves off or were they still on in the morning? I wonder if they have auto-shutoff because I left a map light on once and noticed it was still on a few hours later.

My 1997 chrysler minivan will turn off the interior lights after a bit of time.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
okeeday said:
mtnbound, did the interior lights turn themselves off or were they still on in the morning? I wonder if they have auto-shutoff because I left a map light on once and noticed it was still on a few hours later.

My 1997 chrysler minivan will turn off the interior lights after a bit of time.
Funny you mention this. My initial concern was, "Uh oh, the battery is probably drained" but I noticed that the lights in the cargo section weren't on. I did think it was a bit weird (I wasn't aware of any auto-shutoff feature), but the Acadia started up without any coughing whatsoever. I'll have to double check to see if the switch is even in the on/door open position.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts