GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my Acadia, the dealer told me to come back after 1,000 miles for a complimentary oil change. Nice, except with our schedules and the fact that I bought the Acadia from a dealer 70 miles away, I never bothered. I changed it myself to Mobile1 last week at a little over 5,000 miles (still said 40+% oil life remaining).

My buddy said that I probably screwed up because they put break-in oil in them in Detroit and that it needed to be removed from the motor at 1k. I think he's full of crap...

What say you guys?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
radarcontact said:
My buddy said that I probably screwed up because they put break-in oil in them in Detroit and that it needed to be removed from the motor at 1k. I think he's full of crap...

What say you guys?
I am throwing the flag on this one. :bs:

There are several threads or comments about oil changes and the OLM Oil Life Monitoring system. Do a search for oil or synthetic and enjoy the reading.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
radarcontact said:
When I bought my Acadia, the dealer told me to come back after 1,000 miles for a complimentary oil change. Nice, except with our schedules and the fact that I bought the Acadia from a dealer 70 miles away, I never bothered. I changed it myself to Mobile1 last week at a little over 5,000 miles (still said 40+% oil life remaining).

What say you guys?
I think you certainly should have changed the oil before 5K with the original oil, but I think your buddy is full of it as I do not believe they put the break in oil at time of delivery any longer. (that's just my opinion)

I agree with bonk that you should do the search and have fun reading.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts