GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed DirecTV (KVH TracVision A7) with local channels in my Acadia about 3 weeks ago. I decided to wait and post after I had enough time to evaluate the product. It works as advertised. I do experience about a 1 second interruption when driving under and underpass or when there are tall trees close to the road that blocks the southern view of the sky. I haven't been near any tall buildings, but I would assume the reception would be spotty. I did the install myself, about 2 hours the first evening and 2 hours the second evening. Pictures are posted in the picture share area.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I paid $2,179.99. Free s/h and no tax. That was the cheapest I could find. Most places on the web wanted anywhere from $2,599 to $2,995 plus shipping. Saved another $400 by doing the installation myself. I went over my accessories budget on this vehicle for the year. I think it was worth it considering the amount of time I spend in my vehicle. Since I already have DirecTV, it's only $4.99 more added to my account. To offset that, I deactivated one receiver in my house.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
rae0568 said:
I paid $2,179.99. Free s/h and no tax. That was the cheapest I could find. Most places on the web wanted anywhere from $2,599 to $2,995 plus shipping. Saved another $400 by doing the installation myself. I went over my accessories budget on this vehicle for the year. I think it was worth it considering the amount of time I spend in my vehicle. Since I already have DirecTV, it's only $4.99 more added to my account. To offset that, I deactivated one receiver in my house.
LOL!! You deactivated a reciever in oyur house to offset the extra $4.99. Did you deactivate your mortgage for a month to offset the purchase?? LOL

Sorry, I just found the last line funny.

Looks like apretty cool product that would be extremely useful on long trips. It integrates well with the lockpick that is installed?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: I installed DirecTV (KVH TracVision A7) in my Acadia

Now that you mentioned it, does sound funny. I spend $2,179.99 and deactivate one receiver to save $4.99. Should come handy, I will be taking 3 long trips this summer, Myrtle Beach, SC and Ithica, NY.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have one of these in my motorhome. They work great. Directv works better than Dishnetwork for mobile units. I think it has something to do with the location of the satilitte (I can't seem to get the spelling right LOL). You will lose the signal anywhere there are tall buildings, along interstates with tall trees on both sides etc....

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was just re-reading this discussion. If anyone is interested in one of these units, you can usually get a "deal" on them at RV rallys. You can usually save several hundred dollars. I just had an issue with mine, we were coming back home from Sault Ste Marie and I started hearing a grinding noise and feared for the worse. I took the dome off the unit and a screw had come out. Mine is out of warranty, so I was expecting a huge repair bill, but, it only cost me a few minutes of my time. :blob:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts