GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

I just read a post yesterday about someone getting rearended by a Honda. I wrote my story in and forgot to hit "post" and now I can't find the thread! I searched "accident" and "honda" and several other words. Anyway, it was a coincidence as I also got rearended by a Honda yesterday and I too live in Illinois. I was at a stop light and the driver in back of me fell asleep. He not only hit me once but a total of three times. It was crazy! When the light turned green we drove into a parking lot and I called the police. He was not even given a ticket. Perhaps because he was practically in tears. Unbelievable! How can a person not get a ticket for at least failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident or something! No accountability. I asked the cop and he said he would have given him a ticket if our stories didn't match. He said that on the report that because he is listed as driver number one that automatically indicates he is at fault. He has Allstate and though he called (or he said he did. I don't understand Japanese so I am not really sure about it!) I called too and got a claim number and told them where my car was located so an adjustor could come to the dealer where I bought the car. I drove it there but smelled something burning when I arrived so it is staying put. My poor new car got the bumper all scratched up, the chrome piece above is half off. My right rear sensor needs replacing (there are four all together I found out, two in back and one on each side). My right exhaust was pushed forward and the spare tire cover was broken. And that is just what he saw looking under. When we put it up and inspect there may be other things. I am sick about it. His car was smashed to smithereens in the front and not drivable. That high bumper saved any actual body work as there is not even a scratch on the paint. I do not have a good feeling about the time it will take to get parts for my 07. It makes me sick to my stomach, especially since they gave me a rice burner to drive. The rental company is billing Allstate directly for the cheapest car. I think they should have paid for me to drive an Outlook. They had one on the lot. Lots to be grateful for, my l8 year old son and I were wearing our seatbelts and nobody was hurt. Just my ego having to drive around a Mitchubichi? Not sure of the spelling but I don't care as I wont ever be having to spell it again I hope!
Thanks for letting me tell my story.
Kathy

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm sorry to read about your sad story. :'(
I hope everything turns up well for you.

Now, why are hondas suddenly hitting Acadias? ???

·
Registered
681 Posts
kram said:
I'm sorry to read about your sad story. :'(
I hope everything turns up well for you.

Now, why are hondas suddenly hitting Acadias? ???
They just love our rear ends and want to get a closer look :bootyshake:

I think they are jealous their rear ends are not as nice as ours. ;D

·
Registered
22 Posts
kathleenperez said:
Hi Gang,

I just read a post yesterday about someone getting rearended by a Honda. I wrote my story in and forgot to hit "post" and now I can't find the thread! I searched "accident" and "honda" and several other words. Anyway, it was a coincidence as I also got rearended by a Honda yesterday and I too live in Illinois. I was at a stop light and the driver in back of me fell asleep. He not only hit me once but a total of three times. It was crazy! When the light turned green we drove into a parking lot and I called the police. He was not even given a ticket. Perhaps because he was practically in tears. Unbelievable! How can a person not get a ticket for at least failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident or something! No accountability. I asked the cop and he said he would have given him a ticket if our stories didn't match. He said that on the report that because he is listed as driver number one that automatically indicates he is at fault. He has Allstate and though he called (or he said he did. I don't understand Japanese so I am not really sure about it!) I called too and got a claim number and told them where my car was located so an adjustor could come to the dealer where I bought the car. I drove it there but smelled something burning when I arrived so it is staying put. My poor new car got the bumper all scratched up, the chrome piece above is half off. My right rear sensor needs replacing (there are four all together I found out, two in back and one on each side). My right exhaust was pushed forward and the spare tire cover was broken. And that is just what he saw looking under. When we put it up and inspect there may be other things. I am sick about it. His car was smashed to smithereens in the front and not drivable. That high bumper saved any actual body work as there is not even a scratch on the paint. I do not have a good feeling about the time it will take to get parts for my 07. It makes me sick to my stomach, especially since they gave me a rice burner to drive. The rental company is billing Allstate directly for the cheapest car. I think they should have paid for me to drive an Outlook. They had one on the lot. Lots to be grateful for, my l8 year old son and I were wearing our seatbelts and nobody was hurt. Just my ego having to drive around a Mitchubichi? Not sure of the spelling but I don't care as I wont ever be having to spell it again I hope!
Thanks for letting me tell my story.
Kathy
I would insist that they rent you something "comparable". Now we all know there's nothing that compares to the Lambdas :) but they could at least put you in a midsize SUV or a minivan. What if you had to drive 5 kids around or something? When my wife's Venture got totalled, the other guy's insurance was going to rent us a smaller car like a Cobalt or Malibu. I got them to get me an Impala instead. Not quite the same size as the van, but was definitely better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the kind words kram and for the advice John. There is an Outlook there and I will insist when I call them later. My main concern now is the time it will take to get my bumper. MuddyZ if you are out there can you give me some feedback???
Kathy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Kelly,

I guess I did hit reply! I told my story twice. Sorry about that!

Kathy

·
Registered
730 Posts
I think the insurance company is being cheap :angryfire:
I would just say that most of the time I have 6 or 7 people with me. That would get you a decent size SUV.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kram,

I agree! I am going in there today and am going to make that little fire breathing devil face and get that Outlook!

Kathy

·
Registered
46 Posts
You must insist to the insurance company (theirs), when your car is damaged and you are not at fault, it is their responsibility to pay for a comparable vehicle to drive in its place. In this case, an SUV or if any crossovers are out yet to rent then they should pay. This happened to me a couple of years ago, and I got what I wanted after a call to their insurance company.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im sorry to hear that but my story is just as bad as yours, I got rear ended by another suv, it was some minor damages to the rear bumper and the chrome part right above the bumper, however when i took my vehicle to get repaired the dealership decided to do some more damages to the body of my car to collect more money. They damage the rear view mirror, damage the exhaust which had no prior damages, damage to the rear quarter panels...however the car was repaired and all parts replace..what up set me most is that the dealership took the liberty to damage a perfectly good vehicle that just needed a new rear bumper. To make matters worse in the accident report it stated that i rear ended the other SUV which was an obvious mistake by the incompetent police officer.

·
Registered
681 Posts
kram said:
what? ???
:ditto:

How could they get away with that, and how did they explain damage to the rear view mirror without you have head injuries to report???

Brought back a memory from back in the 80's when I was working as a claims adjuster, we had a cop who had his vette stolen, a few weeks later the stripped frame of the car was found and was brought to a body shop - we went to appraise the car and in the shop right next to the vette was a pile covered by a tarp, we looked under it and it was all the part that were stripped from the vette - we had to pretend that we never saw them and get the state police involved to investigate, they basically formed a sting and trapped them - he had worked a deal with the shop owner to split the money from insurance and the body shop owner was the one that stripped the vette and was going to put it back together. What a bunch of idiots they were, at least do not store the parts in the same location as the car. Needless to say the cop lost his job, not sure what happened after that but they never got any $$$ from us.

·
Registered
16 Posts
And I was so disappointed after that had happen, I waited about 2 months for my Acadia, i had to order it form michigan, (by the way the dealer claimed that there was a snow strom during march and the train depot that were responsible to ship the vehicle went on strike) I payed so much and then for them just to do this, i mean im not materialistic but it just seem wrong. I guess then the dealer figuered out that i was on to it and they added a hitch at no charge.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts