GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And that is to add a hose clamp to the green circled area on the below photo.

Let me explain.. My 2012 Acadia has 130k miles.. even at 89k miles the motor mounts along with the transmission mount were shot.

My engine moves a lot under throttle.. I strongly believe this area poses as an unmetered air leak for people whose motor mounts are bad.

There is enough space you can slide a screw driver down in that space between that rubber band.

What do you all think?

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
I think it should already be there as part of the original factory installation.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I think you are missing the hose clamp between the two circles.

I also think that is the air intake.....there is no vacuum.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it should already be there as part of the original factory installation.

So the one in yellow was already there. The one in green I added.

Are you saying from the factory there should be two separate hose clamps where the intake tube meets the throttle body?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is Rbarrios intake tube from his throttle body cleaning thread:

There isn’t a hose clamp there. And it isn’t one solid piece, at least in my case.

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
Hey, I could be wrong. It does look like someone got a little 'frisky' with yours and pulled the plastic-welded (or thermally-fitted) joint apart. What you did with the clamp is probably a "good thing" - as Martha Stewart would say. Be aware though, there might not be enough 'give' in the plastic to create a good seal with the clamp. Might be best if you just repaired the joint.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, I could be wrong. It does look like someone got a little 'frisky' with yours and pulled the plastic joint apart.
That hose lip looks bent right?

I can only guess but i think it’s from the motor moving around from bad mounts.

I’m very interested to see if someone else can slide a screw driver in there? If so, wouldn’t that be a pretty poor engineering job by GMC?

Just going out in a limb, but would it be possible the oil(potentially hot) that finds its way into our intake tubes, potentially melt this think it’s possible rubber/plastic welded joint you speak of?

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
I’m very interested to see if someone else can slide a screw driver in there? If so, wouldn’t that be a pretty poor engineering job by GMC?
No. It looks more like inattentive mechanical work by someone else. You bought the vehicle used. Do you know the full mechanical history?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No. It looks more like inattentive mechanical work by someone else. You bought the vehicle used. Do you know the full mechanical history?
Unfortunately I don’t. I’ve only owned it for a year.

You make a good point of the joint may be too stiff, but it’s just a reduction tube attachment. I don’t think it’s meant to move or bend. There is the other joint closer to the MAF.

Interested to see if I’m the only one experiencing it.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'm with the OP here on what was found. My 2012 was broken too as described here. I noticed it when there car was fairly new. I think it was at the first filter change at 25k mi. I bought a new GM part back then and have had no issues since. I blamed assembly or bad part to begin with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts