GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at the supplier price on the second Acadia…37,595.83

http://www.gmbuypower.com/vehiclelocator/locateVehicle.do?isRankVehicle=true&sortType=vehicleRank&displayInTemplate=false&defaultpath=true&hostingSite=gmvs&isRankVehicle=true&maximumCount=25&year=2007&make=gc&brand=Acadia&modelId=111&sellingSource=48&regionid=&regionId=&currentOfferTerms=36&userType=GMSUPPLR&partnerID=510023&makeId=012&modelDesignator=TV14526&searchType=4&vendorId=133085.0&subModel=&subModelId=322&mmc=TV14526&pvc=105&zip=13116&model=Acadia&styleDescrip=SLT%20-%201%204SA&styleId=&typeDescrip=AWD%20&cabSize=&boxSize=&driveType=&wheelBase=&cabSizeId=&boxSizeId=&driveTypeId=&wheelBaseId=&dealerName=PERFORMANCE%20PONTIAC%20-GMC,%20INC.&dealerStreet=959%20HIAWATHA%20BLVD%20W&dealerCity=SYRACUSE&dealerRegionCode=NY&dealerPostalcode=13204-1128&dealerBpManagerName=Mike%20Vincent&dealerBpPhone=(315)+474-4855&dealerURL=&nameplateids=002^012^

Then click on the window sticker and look at the supplier price at the bottom…35,833.40.

http://www.gmbuypower.com/ws/nvlWindowSticker.vs?make=gc&makeDescrip=GMC&style=SLT%20-%201%204SA&zip=13116&makeId=012&vehicleModel=/images/gmbp/48012/vehicle/2007/med/2007322.gif&year=2007&sellingSource=48&subModel=&subModelId=322&BAC=133085.0&modelId=111&pvc=105&mmc=TV14526&brand=Acadia&model=Acadia&type=AWD%20&typeDescrip=AWD%20&optionCode=&preferredOptions=&preferredColor=&style=SLT%20-%201%204SA&styleDescrip=SLT%20-%201%204SA&styleId=&dealerName=PERFORMANCE%20PONTIAC%20-GMC,%20INC.&dealerURL=&dealerStreet=959%20HIAWATHA%20BLVD%20W&dealerCity=SYRACUSE&dealerRegionCode=NY&dealerPostalcode=13204-1128&dealerBpManagerName=Mike%20Vincent&dealerBpPhone=(315)%20474-4855&nameplateids=002^012^&partnerID=510023&userType=GMSUPPLR&searchType=4&VIN=1GKEV23787J120312&iPi=5&fPi=5

Which price is the correct supplier price and why are they different? Thanks

Sorry for the big hyperlink. Could not figure out how to trim it down.

·
Registered
155 Posts
This happened to me when I was preparing to purchase my vehicle. No one at the dealership could explain it (I showed them the lower price). However, in my case, the higher "supplier price" was exactly the same as noted on the dealer's invoice. Never did figure it out..........

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am thinking it must be a dealer gimmick. No wonder the payments were so different when I computed them versus when the dealer computed them. I was using the lower price; he was using the higher price.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Note that the lower price is well below invoice......as it was in my case. I never researched it any further because I figured it wasn't correct the moment I laid eyes on it. But, that didn't stop me from presenting those figures to the salesman. ::)

I thought it was a glitch because I noticed those figures on the supplierdiscount site AFTER I entered my info for regional incentives. Before that, the supplier price was consistent with the dealer's invoice. Typically, supplier price is 5-7% off MSRP depending on options and trim level. But also keep in mind that if you use your supplier discount pricing, you may not be able to take advantage of certain incentives they offer at that time.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately I noticed that the price was too low toady too. BUT, you are correct; the supplier price on the window sticker does change depending on the regional incentives. Maybe just a glitch with their coding or maybe a sign of incentives to come tomorrow! One can only hope.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just had a 2 hour phone call with GM about their supplier web site. Initially I called to see if they would honor the window sticker price. Once I found out that they knew the pricing was wrong, and have known for some time, I got really upset and felt like they were intentionally trying to mislead customers. That being said, I spoke to several different managers and submitted a formal complaint.

·
Registered
200 Posts
So which price is correct? The listing or the window sticker?

And if you do a "build" from the supplier pricing section, will the summary price be correct? It kinda looks like the window sticker, but not exactly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what GM told me on the phone, the window sticker is wrong. The build price is correct and so is the supplier price quoted on the dealer inventory page prior to opening the window sticker. Either way, be sure to check out the dealer invoice before you purchase so you can be guaranteed that you are getting the correct price.

The window sticker on the vehicle that I m looking at is off by $1672.

·
Registered
284 Posts
It's a glitch, for sure, and not intentional or to mislead, but just something that happens when you have 4 different prices for each vehicle, and a sometimes odd website.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts