GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any feedback on the effectiveness of the heating of the Acadia? How about the Air conditioning?

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
We haven't had the need to use the AC yet, but the heater works very well, as does the heated seats, which have three heat settings as well a the option to do just the back, or back and seat.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've had to use both heat and A/C--works very well and passengers in both back rows said they were happy with the heat and A/C back there as well.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I love that the heated seats have 3 options for heating! I'm almost disappointed I won't get to use that feature until next winter!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Gagirl,

If it will bring you that much joy to use the heated seat settings, you don't have to wait for next winter, just turn on the A/C full blass and use the seat heater settings you desire.

"Go Girl"!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
The auto climate control in ours has worked marvelously. Selects heat or a/c as needed (we live in North-central Florida, so both have been in constant use) and also controls fans in a pretty reasonable fashion - better than my previous experience with similar systems back in the early 90's.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Here is something I like to do when no one is in the 2nd row, which is most of the time.

I turn the 2nd row roof vent around and get some air flowing to my back / head area. Kind of nice to have that extra airflow on those real cold / hot days or nights 8)

·
Registered
231 Posts
I love that the heated seats have 3 options for heating! I'm almost disappointed I won't get to use that feature until next winter!!
Heated seats in GEORGIA? What the?? -- Call me a Rocky Mountain snob, but I just don't see it! ;)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hey, I used my heated seats in my Acura about 12 times this winter! It does get a little chilly down here! Of course we're now in the 80s, so I don't need them anymore this season, but it's a nice to have for the freak days when we actually get a blast of cold weather from the Rockies.

·
Registered
619 Posts
At first we didn't think we would find much use for the heated backs vs. heated back and seat on the SLT-2, but we really like it. The former Audi had 6 settings, but always seat and back. Some cars don't have heated backs in addition to the heated seat, but I think that's a big mistake. Score again for Acadia.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would have been shocked if the A/C was not great in the Acadia- GM is known for very good A/C, as Porsche is known for brakes, etc.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I haven't tried the heated seats yet. It's going to get cold tomorrow (only a high of 70), so I'll try it. Have to make sure it works!

My minivan had heated seats. I used them in 90 degree weather when I was 8 months pregnant to soothe my lower back! :thumb:

·
Registered
273 Posts
intrigueme said:
I haven't tried the heated seats yet. It's going to get cold tomorrow (only a high of 70), so I'll try it. Have to make sure it works!
Cold being a relative term obviously, since daytime temps this week in Lethbridge are probably peak around 50F. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I couldn't help myself. I had to throw that in to make our Northern friends jealous! ;D

Actually 70 will be nice! On Saturday I was out helping my husband cut down a huge tree in our yard and put it in the trailer to haul away and it was in the high 80's (too hot for heavy yard work)! :hot:

·
Registered
794 Posts
You know what's cool (pardon the pun) with the air conditioning is that when you pop the sunroof open a bit, the air (or fan) automatically speeds up and will go back down when you close the sunroof.

·
Registered
626 Posts
sandman said:
You know what's cool (pardon the pun) with the air conditioning is that when you pop the sunroof open a bit, the air (or fan) automatically speeds up and will go back down when you close the sunroof.
I have noticed that as well. It's like the inside is so air tight that it is pressurized and opening the sunvent takes the pressure off the A/C fan.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Racefla said:
sandman said:
I have noticed that as well. It's like the inside is so air tight that it is pressurized and opening the sunvent takes the pressure off the A/C fan.

Hot weather cooldown tip.
We have been haveing mid 80 degree days like yesterday. After sitting in the sun all day it was really hot inside when I left work. I hopped in and the Auto & Aux was blasting cold air in a very hot car. I opened the roof vent and stopped to lock the fence. Before I got back in, I put my hand over the vent opening on the roof and MAN you could really feel the heat blast escapeing out of there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts