GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you can change the manual hvac control to the automatic ones by simily switching the units or is their a lot more to it then that.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Re: hvac conversation possible???

You might want to change the title in your post. I think you mean conversion? ???
Unless, the AC's are talking now. :eek:

·
Registered
122 Posts
From another thread related to the dic buttons, apparently there are other wires that are included behind the dash from the factory with the automatic climate controls. Because of this I doubt it would be as simple as unplugging one and plugging in the other.

·
Registered
395 Posts
BigGuy said:
From another thread related to the dic buttons, apparently there are other wires that are included behind the dash from the factory with the automatic climate controls. Because of this I doubt it would be as simple as unplugging one and plugging in the other.
I agree with this. My wiring bundle is clearly labeled MANUAL, so I would think it is not practical to upgrade since we have the wrong wiring harness.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Not only the wiring but all the sensors that are placed in the vehicle to monitor the temp and report back to the main controller, these would need to be added and wired, there is also the automatic baffles that direct air to specific vents in the vehicle that the automatical system controls, I would have to assume these automatic baffles are not in place if you have the manual system.

·
Registered
294 Posts
In the long run, it would be cheaper and a whole lot easier to just trade it in on a vehicle that has this option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts