GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed Husky today about pictures and received these with this response.....

Thank you for your interest and thank you for choosing Husky Liners!

Here are a couple of front liner photos shown in the Acadia (they also fit and would look the same in the Saturn Outlook and the Buick Enclave).

One note that I might add....The passenger's side floor pan can be affected by the optional equipment a vehicle is equipped with. Oddly enough the affected area is the "kick panel" which is located along the outer edge of the vehicle. There is a larger kick panel and a smaller kick panel that can be found in all three vehicles--Acadia/Enclave/Outlook. We believe that the larger kick panel accommodates a component of the Navigation or Entertainment system, but have not been able to pinpoint the exact feature that uses this larger kick panel. Due to the two different kick panels, the front passenger side liner has a small trim area must be trimmed to accommodate the larger kick panel. The photo above shows both a trimmed and untrimmed part but it is tough to recognize the difference in a photo. I attached the installation instruction sheet which does a better job.

I had Husky's installed in a Ford Super Duty Crew cab a couple years back and loved them. I really regret going with the GMC OEM mats in my Sierra. The ford looked perfect after 5 years. The Sierra - not so much. On cleaning the liners they mentioned.....The easiest way to clean your liners is with a damp cloth or sponge. If using a cleaner, 409® or Glass Plus® work well. Use of Armor All®, Son-of-a-Gun® or similar items is discouraged as these products make the liners slick.

Hope the pictures help. I now plan on ordering them.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
That's really interesting. I didn't realize there's a kick panel size difference!? Maybe that's why the Weathertechs are fitting funny in some?

I like the Husky's coverage of the left foot rest in the driver's well too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Do you for second row something like this? If yes post a link here.

thanks

·
Registered
812 Posts
Thanks for the pics, they seem to fit perfectly and way better than the WeatherTech ones!!!! do they come in black?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
IMO, both the Weather Tech and the Husky Liners "look" best in an off road or hunting vehicle. The Acadia is a handsome luxury vehicle and deserves a better looking rubber floormat system that holds spils in place, is a custom fit and seamlessly integrates with the interior by not having those off road truck like scopped sides. The best floormat to buy that fits the aforementioned criteria is the Intro-Tech Automotive HEXOMAT. It's available in four(4) colors and features a lifetime warranty. They really look beautiful installed. I know dozens of people that have used these in the Acadia, Cadillacs, BMW and Mercedes SUV applications. Again, a lifetime warranty; it really is that good with a custom fit for the entire Acadia. There is a site where they offer the best price along with free shipping.

http://www.customautoaccessories.com/All-Season-Auto-Hexomat.html

GMC Bigg Dogg

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Bigg Dogg, welcome.
Hexomat has been discussed on here in many other threads in regards to floor mats. All depends on what you are looking for. I want something that will definitely contain melted snow and sand/salt mix when it melts, molded sides like the Husky and Weathertech liners work perfectly for that. I would be fearful of the spillover in the Hexomats on the edges. But everyone has their own tastes and desires. :thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Haven't had any "spillover" with the HEXOMAT. Everything stays where it is first dropped. That is the idea behind the HEXOMAT. With the other types of mats, liquids move as the vehicle moves but you are absolutly correct that the rolled up sides will prevent any liquid and/or debris from getting on the carpeted areas. Such a cleaner, more integrated look with the HEXOMAT though. I do dislike any accessory taking away from a clean interior look. I do think the HEXOMAT preserves the luxury finish look of the Acadia. It's all an owner choice. Good Luck....

Bigg Dogg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts