GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Outlook XR AWD. Since the very first day we picked it up it seems to have a distinct humming sound between 55 and 75 miles per hour consistently. Initially I thought this was just road noise or the typical hum of large SUV type tires, but now with 3000 miles on it I think the sound is getting louder and sounds a lot like a bad bearing or something similar. It does not seem to come from a specific side and is definately coming from the front so I assume it is inside the transmission. It does not change at all with engine speed or transmission gear, it only changes proportionally with the vehicle speed. It seems to change slightly in a harmonic way (difficult to describe) when going around turns in either direction on the highway. This is very a very difficult sound to describe to the dealer and I am not excited about sending a tech out on the highway at 70mph over and over until they figure out what it is.

I first noticed this sound after the first 30 miles on the car and it has been consistent ever since. My biggest concern is that it has something to do with not doing a proper break-in procedure. As great as our Saturn salesman was, the one thing he didn't mention is that the AWD models should not be driven over 55mph for the first 1000 miles. I am very aware of the long standard procedure of not driving at any one speed for extended periods during the first 1000 miles or so, but I had no idea about the AWD 55mph restriction until I read it in the manual the day after our purchase when I had already driven 100 miles at 70mph.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this or have any ideas?

FYI... I am also having the deal address the following issues next week at 3000 miles that we are experiencing as well:

1. First and foremost, the humming or bearing sound described above.
2. The rocking driver's seat problem.
3. Inoperative driver's seat heater (bottom cushion only).
4. Transmission Lag issue. (Not sure if this is same issue, but I feel like it shifts up too high and feels very sluggish)

Overall we love this car. I am just very concerned about an issue like this that is hard to describe and usually hard to get a dealer to recognize.

David
Outlook XR AWD Charcoal/Black Leather

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
David,
All of the problems that you are experiencing have been addressed in other threads on this forum. Take a look around and you'll probably find some help here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts