GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I was hoping to get some help with an issue that just came up over the weekend. I checked other posts but most of the problems seem to be different than mine.
I'll run through the issues as they came up, all of which happened on a short trip into town.

2007 GMC Acadia AWD

1. Low tire pressure. Nothing major, but a couple pounds low. I manage a tire shop so I'll be fixing that today. Not sure if having one low tire could knock out the whole system, but I know it can be finicky so I thought I would include this info.
2. After driving about 5 minutes, Traction Control turned off, and Service Stabilitrak and engine light came on.
3. Once I got home, (another 5 minutes) I noticed some sort of hum/whine coming from the engine bay. As far as I can tell, the sound is coming from the area of the transmission and air intake. The sound is steady, and follows the pitch of the regular engine sounds as I rev it. Transmission oil looks good.

Have not yet checked the engine codes, hoping to do that soon.

UPDATE:
Fixed the flat tire, drove the vehicle home (~30 mins), no change.
Checked with a simple code reader, only one came up:
P0107 Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO Sensor Low Input

Wonder if that has anything to do with my taking off the air intake/ filter.

Also, the noise has started to go away when I rev the engine.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Agree. . . reading codes would be more of a clue if present. Transmission or transfer case issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agree. . . reading codes would be more of a clue if present. Transmission or transfer case issue?
I think I'll try to get the codes read today or tomorrow if possible, will update afterwards.

I did have some issues with the transmission about a year ago, it was getting stuck in 2nd gear. Changed the transmission oil and haven't had any problems since.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Open the hood and see if the noise is coming from the passenger side behind the intake. There is a service port with a plug that has been known to come off. It causes said issue as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Open the hood and see if the noise is coming from the passenger side behind the intake. There is a service port with a plug that has been known to come off. It causes said issue as well.
Thanks for the tip!
I'm fairly sure its coming from the driver side, but I will check on that anyway.

·
Super Moderator
21,780 Posts
Thanks for the tip!
I'm fairly sure its coming from the driver side, but I will check on that anyway.
Double check your work around the air filter box. Look for anything misaligned, and at electrical connections you may have unplugged at the time (or bumped into).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which intake exactly are you talking about? I can't seem to find anything around the passenger side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Double check your work around the air filter box. Look for anything misaligned, and at electrical connections you may have unplugged at the time (or bumped into).
Everything looks good. I only unplugged the sensor on the air intake itself, and that connection seems fine. I looked over the whole area and can't find anything that I might have loosened or bumped.

·
Super Moderator
21,780 Posts
You should be able to get an idea about where the humming noise is coming from if you use a mechanic's stethoscope or length of hose to listen around in the engine bay. Find a helper if necessary.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll have to try that!
Found someone else that had a similar issue. They said the noise was from something called the vapor canister purge valve. That would make sense to me, it's exactly where the noise seems to be at.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts