GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife called late this afternoon from her favorite local store and said that the truck was leaking gas. She wanted me to come look at it to see if it was alright. Holy sneikies! It was almost leaking a stream of fuel (at $2.75 a gallon). I couldn't see where it was coming from, but it coming off of the fuel tank. The dealer was only about 8 miles down the road. We left it leaking in their service lot. The advisor said that he would call us in about an hour but never heard from him.

Has anyone else had this kind of issue? I never had this problem and I've taken alot of vehicles off-road to places that they shouldn't have been.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've seen 2 leaks over the years, one was from an ice pick wielded by an angry person, the other was an overloaded Bonneville bottoming out while flying over RR tracks (college kid joyrider) which emptied 1/2 tank gas in less than 1/2 mile! I was sitting in the back of that one, terrified, never rode with that guy while he was driving again!

·
Registered
812 Posts
$2.75/gal ??? man i should live there never mind the leak and give me a V8!!!! ours is selling at 3.09/gal unleaded.... :banghead:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Move to Houston, I just filled up for $2.66.

Sorry about your leak. That sounds scary!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turns out there was an 8"cut near the front of the tank. My wife still doesn't remember running over anything. Oh well, the best advice in marriage still holds -- no matter the situation, just grin and nod.

To replace the tank (it isn't repairable, and the new one will be coming from Michigan -- 1 week to get here) was going to be $1154! After some discussion, they agreed to do it for $950. My suggestion to everyone is to avoid running over anything.

·
Registered
956 Posts
xseler said:
Turns out there was an 8"cut near the front of the tank. My wife still doesn't remember running over anything. Oh well, the best advice in marriage still holds -- no matter the situation, just grin and nod.

To replace the tank (it isn't repairable, and the new one will be coming from Michigan -- 1 week to get here) was going to be $1154! After some discussion, they agreed to do it for $950. My suggestion to everyone is to avoid running over anything.
I don't know what your deductible is, but the insurance should cover it. Don't tell the insurance co. that the object was in the road, but that it fell off a truck in front of you and you couldn't aviod hitting it. I hit a rock in the fog on a mountain road. My insurance agent is the one who told me how to make the claim. At the time I had State Farm Ins.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We've already contacted the insurance company. We have a $500 deductible, but anything they pay will help.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
xseler, you may want to remove your tag line, it was eerily true.....

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL!! At least it made to the dealer before it ran out of gas. It's dry as a bone now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the guy in front of me hit a deer(not too big) and i was right behind and couldnt swerve, ended up runing over the deer and now there is a crack in the front corner of the tank and im leaking fuel. its saturday night and im pretty sure i cant take it in until monday. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I guess that this is one of the disadvantages of using plastic, they don't dent like metal instead they break. Sorry to hear you troubles. On a side note, this is another reason why these aren't made to go 4-wheeling.

·
Super Moderator
21,715 Posts
xseler said:
... My wife still doesn't remember running over anything. Oh well, the best advice in marriage still holds -- no matter the situation, just grin and nod.

... My suggestion to everyone is to avoid running over anything.
Cut momma a break, dude! ;D Do you see every bit of debris on the road? ;D ;D

·
Registered
540 Posts
xseler said:

Was it a cut from road debris or did a seam fail? The 2009's have a recall list @ alldata.com (08285 SEP 08 ) to check the seams of the fuel tank. Since you all paying for the tank they will save the old part if you tell them so you can check it personally. Just a thought.

Bobby

1 - 15 of 15 Posts