Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N/A

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??? Is it just me or has anyone noticed that their HUD is not level. Mine seems to be tilted about 5-10 degrees. High on the left side. Is there a way that the dealer can adjust these? I'm sure is somewhat caused by the windshield having an angle to it, but if the projection device has some sort of adjustment to it I would think that most of the "tilt" could be taken out. When things are not square and level it really bugs me.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I wasn't sure if it was me or not, but it must not be. Mine is just slightly off, enough that it sometimes looks like a little has been taken off the bottom. I like things level as well.

What is killing me is the inspection sticker that is really askew. I even asked my husband if we could have the dealer take it off and put it back on. It is going to be a huge mess when the plate tags come in. If it is level with the inspection the other tags will be halfway through my windshield!

OOPS :eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yep, I have noticed it too. Tilts just a little to the right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have noticed that mine is not level as well. Little bit higher in the left then the right. Has anyone had this checked out yet?

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Actually, I think it is an optical illusion caused by the curve of the front line of the hood.

Kelly

·
Registered
264 Posts
This is the second vechile i have had with a HUD and i don't see any problem. Mine looks fine.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I don't have any issues with my HUD either.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My first HUD. I was ambivalent about it. It was a "want" not a need. Got it, it's fine for me, and I really like it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
No issues here...

·
Registered
322 Posts
added poll....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay, so let's assume it is an optical illusion. Is it possible to adjust the position of the HUD to compensate for the perceived "crooked display"? Has anyone asked their dealer about this? I plan to the next time I get to the dealer, but I haven't made it yet. Surely someone out there has had this problem addressed!

·
Registered
112 Posts
kjf said:
Actually, I think it is an optical illusion caused by the curve of the front line of the hood.

Kelly
Exactly!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your HUD might be more level than you think. Since your head is up, you are relating yourself to the horizon. It's not the HUD or the windshield. It's the crown in the road. (Low on the right.) When you get a place to do it safely, drive on the left side of the street and notice it seems to angle the other way. I think the engineers have done a great job. Love the HUD!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Checked again and my HUD is level. Works great. Funny thing is when I test drove the Acadia before I bought it I didn't like it, thought it was distracting, and now I love it. Tells me instantly how fast over the speed limit I am actually driving without looking down at the speedometer.

Ok Ok just kidding. :beer: :drunk:

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I first drove my Acadia it seemed level- and I did intentionally look thinking of this thread.

Since, I have noticed it a bit "crooked" with the left side slightly higher. I don't really mind it though as I'm sure it's an illusion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For the Record. I notice the same tilt on my HUD.

Has anyone ever talked to a dealer or found an adjustment?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine is a bit off, but I try to ignore it!

For the poster who talked about it "being cut off on the bottom" (which, BTW, is different than it not being level), there is an adjustment to the right of the steering wheel where you can have the HUD scroll up or down, and a knob to adjust brightness. My guess is that it is too low for your height, and if you scrolled it up a bit it would be fine!

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My new 2008 Acadia SLT-2 with a HUD has a similar issue to others I read of back in 2007. The display is tilted 5-10 degress to clockwise to the right It doesn't change with adjusting the image up or down on the windshield or by driving on the other side of the road, like someone suggested in a previous post in 3/07.

Has anyone had a similar experience or any luck with a dealer fix to re-allign the image seen.?

Thanks!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts