MSRP - 43,260 + tax etc = 49,289
Offer - 36631 + tax etc = 41,393

Is this a decent deal??
That can't be an SLE at that price?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I thought the title would give it away......Thats Canadian Dollars (thus the ridiculous tax added ;)) - my bad.

·
Registered
29 Posts
To compare with mine:

2008 SLT-1 AWD (used -- apparently it was driven by a GM employee from Ontario -- but new to me)
Power liftgate
upgraded wheels
Backup assist
Power front seats
XM 6-cd stereo (no navigation)
Onstar (3month trial expired but I got 90 day free extension to "continue to evaluate the service" as the sales rep said)
Got dealer to throw in the roof cross-rails

bought Feb 2009
42K & change.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
CanuckGMC said:
Sorry I thought the title would give it away......That's Canadian Dollars (thus the ridiculous tax added ;)) - my bad.
I picked up on it, eh? I find that it is easier to write aboot things Canadian... in Canadian! ;)

Since I'm not up to speed on Canadian pricing, you can use a percentage formula as was done in another thread recently.

MSRP - 43,260 + tax etc = 49,289
Offer - 36631 + tax etc = 41,393

This is aboot a 16 percent discount off MSRP. Although the tax rate should be constant, eh? I also used the MSRP and offer prices and got aboot 15.5%.

I looked at our prices paid for 2009 thread and noted the last deal listed was aboot 5% off MSRP for an SLE, and the one before that was aboot 12% on a more expensive SLT2 model.

Based on these numbers, your 16% +/- off MSRP looks good to me, eh? BTW, we're working on catching up with you on those taxes. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies Okeeday and Blue_2009_SLT2. I think the MSRP on these has been really inflated lately (I have nothing to compare it to but its just a thought)- the base model starts at 37,800. The latest GMC offer is 30,968 (With a GM loyalty discount) and I think that I can get the AWD SLE with XM, remote and back up assist for 35,073. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
27 Posts
here is what i got for my deal in Canada.

2008 SLE AWD
- remote start
- power seats
- dual zone climate control
- heated washer fluid

$40,000 after being ordered in for me from another dealership 400 kms away and delivered overnight.
Leased for 3 years at 2.9%

·
Super Moderator
22,403 Posts
And here I thought someone was selling a Canuck!!

They're not cheap, eh? "Made in America by Americans" - just not from the U.S. of A., eh? :angel:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts