GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
New to the forum and to the Acadia. My second GMC (Yukon), so I figured I’d give them another go. So far, it’s not bad. I have a 2017 SLE-2. I needed to replace my Outback, because I couldn’t take having 172hp anymore lol. This thing has good passing and merging power, so I’m pleased. I’m normally a V8 or nothing guy, but my job is 90 miles from my house and my other vehicle - a heavily modified Chevy SS wasn’t gonna cut the mustard on a daily basis lol.

Anywho, looking forward to learning more about these vehicles (had my eye on them from inception) and chatting it up!

·
Super Moderator
21,778 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Fedge378

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I was mostly a V8 or nothing guy too, but these have plenty of power for my needs now.
Lots of good people here...

Reactions: Fedge378 and Gmcde3

·
Registered
415 Posts
Truth is, with one exception, my Acadia V-6 has more HP and torque than any factory V-8 I've ever owned. The biggest difference is the power delivery with the V-8s is much smoother than the V-6s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Truth is, with one exception, my Acadia V-6 has more HP and torque than any factory V-8 I've ever owned. The biggest difference is the power delivery with the V-8s is much smoother than the V-6s.
Agreed…as long as it had more than my Outback, I was willing to deal with it lol

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
You have owned the wrong factory V-8 cars :)

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Howdy @Fedge378 !

V8 powered cars and trucks were great. I've been ok with V6 power since selling the LT1 equipped '95 Impala SS I had. Before that I had a '92 Firebird. Both were nice for what they were, but not the best GM ever made. Kids were growing up and needed more passenger room and less money for car toys.

I remember Corvette even had some "dog" years. Pontiac too. 170HP out of a TBI V8 was not very inspiring. Even the infamous "Crossfire TBI".

" With the help(?) of the Crossfire injection system, engine output for the 1982 Corvette was 200 horsepower at 4,200 rpm and peak torque of 283 lb/ft. at 2,800 rpm . "

But that was a period when all car makers were struggling to meet EPA mandates without too much investment and a lot of detuned engines.

310HP in our Acadia and similar in my 2017 Colorado certainly does much better than the 305 V8 in my 1969 Chevy C10 pickup with the 307 V8 . . . argh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts