GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 SLT-2 Acadia. The current settings are such that when I shift into reverse, the both side mirrors tilt down. When I am towing a boat, I need to turn off that feature. However, when I follow the instructions in the owner's manual, using the DIC, selecting the Park Tilt feature and the pressing the "check" button all that happens is that the DIC screen shows that both mirrors are selected for tilting. If I click the "check" again, the DIC just navigates up one level the the park tilt feature. I don't see how to change the setting?

thanks

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Hi Howard687,

I read through your Owner's Manual as well and I see that once the "Park Tilt Mirrors" phrase appears on the DIC screen, there should be a set/reset button to access the settings for this feature. Once that is selected, there should then be a customization button to scroll through several settings which should allow you to adjust the mirrors separately. Is the "check" button you are referring to the "set/reset" button?

Jessica
GMC Customer Care

Howard687 said:
I have a 2013 SLT-2 Acadia. The current settings are such that when I shift into reverse, the both side mirrors tilt down. When I am towing a boat, I need to turn off that feature. However, when I follow the instructions in the owner's manual, using the DIC, selecting the Park Tilt feature and the pressing the "check" button all that happens is that the DIC screen shows that both mirrors are selected for tilting. If I click the "check" again, the DIC just navigates up one level the the park tilt feature. I don't see how to change the setting?

thanks

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
1) Press the button with the 'little' check mark until the selection Park Tilt Mirrors[/color] displays.

2) Press the button with the 'big' check mark once and Both Mirrors[/color] should display DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON AGAIN RIGHT NOW unless you want to exit the screen.

3) Press the button with the 'little' check mark to scroll through your options Both Mirrors - Driver Only - Passenger Only - Off - No Change [/color]

4) Press the button with the 'big' check mark to set your selection (Which should be Off[/color] for you)

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I don't know what the DIC buttons look like in the 2013, so I just assumed they look the same as earlier models when I posted the above instructions. The important thing to remember is you need to switch back to the other button for scrolling through your options. If you push the check button once, it displays the current setting, if you push it again then you exit that screen without making a change.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all of you who replied to my query. The information you provided enabled me to scroll through the settings for the Park Mirror tilt and then choose the option I wanted.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Another owner assisted! The members on this forum are fantastic, and that is an understatement. They can give you answers to problem/questions faster and better than anyone. Sorry GMC service, but I just call it like I see it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts