GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
3,487 Posts
Funny, that's exactly what I found; EL 50448! Thanks!
Hope you read my PM. The thing is, there are at least 2 different frequencies that the GM TPMS uses depending on model years and model vehicle.
So important to get or at least try one of the dual frequency EL 50448 . Some vendor like to pass off what they sell as "GM compatible " or some such term. And they may just be older or cheaper devices that won't work.

Reactions: Grantv

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Well that was easy!
I was out in the shop Saturday when this arrived.
Didn't take the time to read ahead other than having to wave it around the sensors clockwise from the drivers tire.
Seemed logical holding down the check button on the steering wheel would get one to the reset mode, yep. Beep beep.
Then walked around waving it at the sensors, quite close, beep.
No more appointments to load winters on my rims, guessing when cold temps or snow may hit.
Tires were a bit low, as temps dropped a bit in a week...

· Registered
3,487 Posts
Well that was easy!
I was out in the shop Saturday when this arrived.
Didn't take the time to read ahead other than having to wave it around the sensors clockwise from the drivers tire.
Seemed logical holding down the check button on the steering wheel would get one to the reset mode, yep. Beep beep.
Then walked around waving it at the sensors, quite close, beep.
No more appointments to load winters on my rims, guessing when cold temps or snow may hit.
Tires were a bit low, as temps dropped a bit in a week...
Good to know and verify that that model does work for us ! (y)

Reactions: Grantv

· Registered
1 Posts
I purchased this tool, worked perfectly on my 2017, had them all relearned in about 2 minutes

KINGBOLEN EL-50448 Automotive Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor TPMS Reset Relearn Activation Tool for GM Series Vehicle (Red) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075ZQCTL2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_QDhIBbDTJ2XG2
Hey I just bought this same tool on Amazon. I have a 2011 GMC Acadia and have my TPMS light on for 2 years. I used this but it only churps on my passenger front and passenger rear. Doesn't do anything fir left side and won't reset. Any ideas? How'd you do yours

· Registered
3,487 Posts
Hey I just bought this same tool on Amazon. I have a 2011 GMC Acadia and have my TPMS light on for 2 years. I used this but it only churps on my passenger front and passenger rear. Doesn't do anything fir left side and won't reset. Any ideas? How'd you do yours
If it does not "chirp" on some wheels, the TPMS sensor battery or sensor itself is not operating. The batteries in them are only good for maybe 10 years max, so the TPMS sensors should ALL be replaced with the proper type for you model year vehicle.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts