GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week I installed the factory Navigation unit in place of the factory radio with the Advanced Audio Package in our Saturn Outlook. I thought I'd post on both forums in case people don't look over there.

The whole process took about 1.5 hours to do. the hardest part is getting the courage to tear apart your new car. The second hardest part is fishing the GPS wire through the dash.
If you have good skills with tools and take your time, it is a pretty easy job to do.

Please ask me any questions about the install and I will try my best to help you.

Only a few hand tools are needed:

These part numbers are for the Outlook which has a yellow/orange dash light color scheme. Check for the part numbers appropriate for the Acadia.

Be sure and tape the GPS wire down on the foam part also. If you only tape the blue connector, you may rip it off as you fish it through.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wow, that is an awesome EDU! Thanks for sharing. I don't think I'll personally be doing it, but I'm sure this is going to be very useful for others who may want to do this.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wow, this was awful to read until I got to the happy ending! Very unsettling seeing such a beautiful dash opened up like that. Nice job!

·
Registered
101 Posts
A heads up for anybody considering doing the same...we only have one GM dealer capable of clearing a "Theftlock Activated" screen. In an effort to ensure the radio wasn't stolen they said they'd need the VIN number of the car the radio came from...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a newbie to this site, and found the exact article I wanted, but all it shows is the problem and the author saying, here is how to do it, but I can't see or open anything at all pertaining to the subject. I am just trying to figure out how to get the radio out t re-seat the antenna. Thank you for your response!!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I don't see any pics either ???

·
Super Moderator
21,763 Posts
Kevins Outlook said:
This is all I see when looking for the pics! If I call up the link, I get "file not found" :shrug:

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,763 Posts
Checked out your link, Schram. Great guide! My only comment would be about the "oh sh#% handle" reference. That made me laugh. It used to be called a "sissy bar" when you found them on sports car dashboards. That might remain appropriate as a reference in your guide, too. ;D (I wonder what GM's technical name is for it)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Speleos said:
Checked out your link, Schram. Great guide! My only comment would be about the "oh sh#% handle" reference. That made me laugh. It used to be called a "sissy bar" when you found them on sports car dashboards. That might remain appropriate as a reference in your guide, too. ;D (I wonder what GM's technical name is for it)
Haha, yeah. When we wrote the guide, I questioned the wisdom of calling it that myself. We couldn't come up with anything else, and it stuck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts