GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we had some nasty weather earlier.. and I was driving down a rural road and someone's plastic wheeled trash can blew out in front of me and I couldn't avoid it. The lid swung open and caused a little dent (1") and paint chip (bout 1/4") on the hood.. and one small (2") dent on the fender. And some plastic residue on both which rubs right off.

The Acadia is Carbon Black Metallic.. anyone know if touch up paint will work.. and if so.. will it even come close to "really matching". What's the best way to smooth is out so that it's not obvious? Or am I better off taking it to a professional before I screw it up worse? :banghead:

The 2 small dents I'm going to try to remove w/ a heat gun and some of that air duster spray... see if I can't get them to pop out.

Anybody have any other ideas???

This just makes me sick.. barely a month of owning it.. and already "damaged"!!! :angryfire:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
That really sucks. I rarely try to do more than touch up rock chips, but the heat gun idea for then dents sounds interesting. Let me know if it works. Some dillhole gave us a nice door ding that luckily didn't do anything to the paint.

Liquid Silver is pretty easy to touch up, but the CBM might be a little trickier.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had an A$$ let a shopping cart run into my 2 month old Outlook and dented my drivers door pretty good. I called the ding doctor/dent wizard franchise in my area. He came to my work and fixed it for $65. You cannot tell it was repaired. even at an angle in the full sunlight. I highly recommend them for dent removal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts