GMC Acadia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used 2012 Acadia a few months ago and was told it is an SLE at purchase. However, every video I've seen on youtube shows the SLE as having 2nd row captain's chairs, whereas mine has a 2nd row bench. Was the bench seat in the 2nd row a configuration available on the SLE or did they misrepresent the vehicle when I bought it and it's really a base model or something? It also has awd and the awd badge on the ps rear of the tailgate, if that helps any. I see no marking anywhere of it being an SLE or SL or whatever(like I think the SLT models have slt badges on a back pillar of the frame).... Honestly, my family size warrants having the 2nd row bench, but I'd like to settle once and for all what submodel I have(and btw I'm disabled, so getting out and writing down the vin for a vin decoder is prohibitive for me). I apologize for posting essentially the same question as I had posted back closer to when I bought the thing, but I'm hoping to just catch the "right" person "in-the-know" who can clear up this mess for me.....thank you very much for any help you can provide!

·
Super Moderator
19,290 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Read through this thread for instructions about VIN decoding: How to tell what trim level I have? Is it my imagination, or are you the same individual in the linked thread just with another screen name? The question is surprisingly similar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.
Read through this thread for instructions about VIN decoding: How to tell what trim level I have?
Thank you - honestly, I'm looking for any way to get even a clue w/o having to use a vin decoder b/c as I said, I'm disabled and getting out to read the vin off anything is prohibitive for me. I don't mean to be a pain, but those are the cards I'm dealt.......tks again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum.
Read through this thread for instructions about VIN decoding: How to tell what trim level I have? Is it my imagination, or are you the same individual in the linked thread just with another screen name? The question is surprisingly similar.
btw I see that post was 1 I had posted back then under a different username......sorry to be a pain!

·
Super Moderator
19,290 Posts
I believe you got your answer to that question on Facebook. The SLE came with either one, or the other depending on how the dealer ordered their new car inventory.

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Thank you - honestly, I'm looking for any way to get even a clue w/o having to use a vin decoder b/c as I said, I'm disabled and getting out to read the vin off anything is prohibitive for me.
The VIN # is also shown on your Insurance paperwork.

·
Super Moderator
19,290 Posts
The VIN # is also shown on your Insurance paperwork.
It's all been explained to this member before, under the other screen name in the linked thread. There's no need to regurgitate the same information here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.