GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two ways to show pictures in your posts.

1) If you already have pictures on an image hosting site, you can attempt to link to them directly. Copy the URL of the image file, click on the "insert image" icon and paste the url into that. Some image hosts don't appear to allow offsite linking in this manner, such as Picasaweb(google) or Yahoo Images. Others, like photobucket.com have no problems. Using this method makes the pics appear in full size directly in the post.

2) If you only have the images on your PC, you can click on the "Additional Options" link below the message textbox. You'll then see a form box with Attach: beside it. Use the browse button to find the file on your PC, then click OK. You can also click the (more attachments) link if you need to upload more than 1 image (up to 4). Using this method creates thumbnails of your images that can be clicked to open to full size.

If your image is too big to fit on the screen, you can resize it for free using http://www.shrinkpictures.com

Choose size: 760 and quality: best
Then be patient. It has to upload your large picture and resize it. When finished, you'll be taken to a page with your newly resized
image and a link to download it back to your PC. Choose a filename and save it, then come back to the forum and upload your resized image!

(note: this is a duplicate post from the Site News board, since I still get so many questions about it)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I used this program called Shrink Pic; here is the link- http://www.majorgeeks.com/Shrink_Pic_d6018.html

It seems to run a little quicker than shrink pictures and the great part is you don't have to re-size before you add them. When you go to add the pics to the post; double click on the pic and the program shrinks the size and adds it :thumb:

·
Registered
26 Posts
jsimms said:
I used this program called Shrink Pic; here is the link- http://www.majorgeeks.com/Shrink_Pic_d6018.html

It seems to run a little quicker than shrink pictures and the great part is you don't have to re-size before you add them. When you go to add the pics to the post; double click on the pic and the program shrinks the size and adds it :thumb:
Any tips on the settings for that program ?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Install the program; then when you attach pics through the forum; you double click the pic and the program shrinks the size and done :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
22,585 Posts
Also, some photo editors that come in Windows, with the camera, etc. allow you to pare down the image size, maintain all qualities, and make the file size more conducive to quicker uploads.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you tell be the max file size or the max resolution like 640x480, 800x600 or 1024x768 to convert my pictures.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
gmcbarryk said:
Can you tell be the max file size or the max resolution like 640x480, 800x600 or 1024x768 to convert my pictures.

Thanks
You can use this program; it shrinks any image so you can post here:

AA/78U-Blue Gold said:

·
Super Moderator
22,585 Posts
gmcbarryk said:
Max file size is specified in the Additional Options section of the reply box. Max size is 512K - acceptable file types and max # of files per post (4) are also listed there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is there a post count bar that much be reached to post pictures?

I tried linking my photobucket pictures here, just like i've successfully dont 100s of time before on other websites and i get an error: "Sorry, you are not allowed to post links"

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
kenneyd said:
Is there a post count bar that much be reached to post pictures?

I tried linking my photobucket pictures here, just like i've successfully dont 100s of time before on other websites and i get an error: "Sorry, you are not allowed to post links"
You will need 10 posts before you can post a link; as far as pics there shouldn't be any issues and you can always post them in the photo album area

·
Registered
21 Posts
let me try

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
After you enter pic/text into your profile you must remember to go all the way to the bottom of that same page and hit "CHANGE PROFILE" :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guys, as of last week (April 2011), please hold off on trying to attach pics. The issue is with our hosting provider, not your ability to attach pictures. The directory that the forum uses to store the photo is well over the 1024 file limit they impose, with no way for the forum to break them into multiple directories. And when I say well over, I mean 9000+ files!! I'm on vacation this week at a beach house in the outer banks, but starting next week, I'm going to have to move my forums to a virtual server that doesn't have such file limitations. The upside is, all my forums should become MUCH more responsive as a result of the move, in addition to being able to attach files once again :)

My apologies for this inconvenience. This 1024 file limitation was just mentioned for the first time last week (although it may be in their TOS somewhere in the sea of small print)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
What you need to do is drop a couple of grand on a dedicated servers, add a few TB's of storage and then throw the whole thing on a backbone line right out of your house......problem solved with all these silly rules and regulations :)

Sent from my iPhone 3G S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
And how dare you go on a family vacation!!! Leaving us like this!!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
admin said:
Guys, as of last week (April 2011), please hold off on trying to attach pics. The issue is with our hosting provider, not your ability to attach pictures. The directory that the forum uses to store the photo is well over the 1024 file limit they impose, with no way for the forum to break them into multiple directories. And when I say well over, I mean 9000+ files!! I'm on vacation this week at a beach house in the outer banks, but starting next week, I'm going to have to move my forums to a virtual server that doesn't have such file limitations. The upside is, all my forums should become MUCH more responsive as a result of the move, in addition to being able to attach files once again :)

My apologies for this inconvenience. This 1024 file limitation was just mentioned for the first time last week (although it may be in their TOS somewhere in the sea of small print)
How's the weather? Probably hot. We are taking the Enclave and going to the Outer Banks in June. We were there about 6 years ago. Those sand dunes are really cool, the kids can't stop talking about it.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
OBX is a great place to vacation; especially with kids. I'm glad you were not there last week!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm back from vacation! We saw SO many Acadias and Enclaves while there. Almost made me wonder if any other members might have been down there with us ;)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
admin said:
I'm back from vacation! We saw SO many Acadias and Enclaves while there. Almost made me wonder if any other members might have been down there with us ;)
It's about time :)

Sent from my iPhone 3G S using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
22,585 Posts
You didn't walk up to them and ask if they were in the forum? ??? ::) :facepalm: (didn't need to tell them who you are, you know?)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts