Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased the sled new last week.

How soon should I wax her?

·
Registered
148 Posts
ASAP. You should clay bar it, seal it, let seal cure, and then wax it on top of that with a pure carnauba wax(no cleaners) and wax as much as you want, the more the merrier. Then you can seal it again and start over in like 4 months.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Gnar, have a question for you since you seem to be very knowledgable. I am planning on having the clearbra put on the hood after purchase. I am curious about the proper installation. Would you want to have no products on the surface for installation i.e clay bar it and install, or would you want to put a sealer on the paint and then put the clearbra over it. Seems like you would want to get as close to the paint as possible for a good seal with the clearbra. Let me know if you can.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
My sister-in-law that works in our local GM truck Assy paint dept says SHOULD not touch the paint for 30 days after the vehicle is built. Even though body has gone through drying ovens, said paint is not fully curred for 30 days after built date. She's been in that dept for 25 years.

·
Registered
117 Posts
teetertotter said:
My sister-in-law that works in our local GM truck Assy paint dept says SHOULD not touch the paint for 30 days after the vehicle is built. Even though body has gone through drying ovens, said paint is not fully curred for 30 days after built date. She's been in that dept for 25 years.
:ditto:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Follow up: How soon after purchase should she be waxed ??

Thanks for the helpful advice - where do I go to determine the build date?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Look at the sticker inside your driver door...it will have month/year.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Jello said:
Gnar, have a question for you since you seem to be very knowledgable. I am planning on having the clearbra put on the hood after purchase. I am curious about the proper installation. Would you want to have no products on the surface for installation i.e clay bar it and install, or would you want to put a sealer on the paint and then put the clearbra over it. Seems like you would want to get as close to the paint as possible for a good seal with the clearbra. Let me know if you can.
They want PURE paint to install over, so even if you put something on there, it would be cleaned off beforehand. That's mainly to promote complete adhesion.

Then, once that's on, you just wax/seal over top that and the paint as if they're one and the same.

·
Registered
95 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Jello said:
They want PURE paint to install over, so even if you put something on there, it would be cleaned off beforehand. That's mainly to promote complete adhesion.

Then, once that's on, you just wax/seal over top that and the paint as if they're one and the same.

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to start "working" on it. Going to pick it up today.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I just put my order in for the Zaino Ultimate Show Car Kit. Hope to have it sometime next week in time to give it a go next weekend...before the weather decides to turn colder. I'll post my pictures of my Acadia then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts