GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only had mine for a week, so I've just been spot cleaning her. But I think I may get her washed tomorrow. Just curious what others are doing.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Not NEARLY often enough. This thing gets very dirty very quickly. When the weather gets a a bit better, I'll try to wash it once a week

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Well that back windshield is always tint colored and shows off that clean rainbow shape nicely, no matter which color you chose to buy! ;)

Hey acadia7j100001, is it my imagination or do these things get dirtier on the back than other cars? To be fair, this is the first vehicle larger than a sedan I've ever owned, so maybe it's just a byproduct of large vehicles...

·
Registered
246 Posts
admin said:
Hey acadia7j100001, is it my imagination or do these things get dirtier on the back than other cars? To be fair, this is the first vehicle larger than a sedan I've ever owned, so maybe it's just a byproduct of large vehicles...
Well, my Pontiac Torrent has a similar rear spoiler to the one on the Acadia and I notice the back end seems to end
up all dirty about a day after I wash it, so it may just be a byproduct of the rear spoiler. :rant:

·
Registered
380 Posts
kjf
I agree completely on the Silver staying cleaner longer. Great color for that and stays cooler in the Gulf Coast sun! :blob:
Spot cleaning weekly, full wash about every 2 weeks (not using it that much yet)

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I've had mine for two weeks, and washed it once (mostly because an apparently large bird got it while it was in the driveway :angryfire:).

Kelly

·
Registered
497 Posts
Run it through an auto touchless quick wash once per weekend to get the dirt from the many non-paved roads out here in WV. As soon as it gets a bit warmer, want to give it a real hand wash and wax.

Its rear end sure does get dusty/dirty quick!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Typically once a week(on the weekend) weather permitting. Chicago winters tend to be irratic so if its mild I'll get out and do it or at least go to a touchless wash. Probably could go a few weeks though if weather is expected to continue to be bad.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Acadia has the lowest coefficient of drag of the new crossover family...punching in at .344cd or the same as a ZO6 Corvette. The body shape and rear spoiler play a big role in that. The spoiler breaks the air flow at the rear end and the resulting turbulence back there tends to deposit dirt. My experience is that it is a bit more prone than some of the other SUV's and Crossovers, but not totally out of line.

·
Registered
492 Posts
According to my wife, way too much :eek:

I was headed out yesterday morning with the bucket of cleaning stuff when she said I was was going to wash the paint off that thing ;D

Little did she know I had already washed the Acadia the night before @ 9:00pm. I was headed out to wash & Zaino her PT.

I wash the Acadia at least twice a week, 3 times if it gets very dirty.

This an outside car (no garage) household :'(

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
During the winter, I'll run it through a touchless car wash every other week or so, depending on how dirty it actually is. Those touchless car washes aren't cheap. :-\

In the summer, I'll get out there and wash it myself at least once a week. I don't have time to do any more than that between work, the house, the kid, the dogs, the cats and now my mom. :confused:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I try to get mine washed at least once a week. Either I hit it with the Mr. Clean washing thingy or I run through a touchless car wash. I used to go all out for my other cars but I just don't have that kind of time anymore. I guess I think clean cars are more of a priority than others in my household...ahem....ahem... 8) It definitely has to be weekly with all the dust on my Carb. Metallic.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looking for help with this question. I hadn't used the Acadia for two weeks, but started it up every couple of days. Today I washed it, getting ready for a 500 mile round trip to the Naval Academy. After washing it, I started it up and noticed condensation coming from the front grill area, by the radiator. I noticed it because it was by the chrome trim above the GMC insignia but thought it was from getting the radiator wet with the hose. The temperature gauge read slightly below the level mark, so I didn't think it was overheating. Opening the hood, everything looked normal. Has anyone else had this condensation or is something wrong?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
It has happened to me a few times. I thought I blew a hose. It's just cold water on a hot engine.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Summer season, once a month through car wash. Rainy season and between drops, once a month. Winter season average 2X's a month. Our vehicle is also Ziebart rustproofed. Acrylic wax treatment, once a year w sealant.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Whenever I 'feel' like doing it by hand wash. Otherwise it's whenever my wife decides to drive it through the carwash which varies based on weather. In the winter it's once the roads have been cleared or sufficiently freeze dried so that the shine from the $10 wash lasts more than 1 day. Maybe 2X per month.

We got our Outlook in late June, so it's only gone through the carwash a couple of times to date and I've done it by hand the rest using proper techniques. Now I'm left trying to figure a plan for winter so as to avoid so called 'soft cloth' carwashes. Swirls galore and scratches are what I'd like to avoid, but freezing my hands off washing my ride isn't fun either.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I try and get it done weekly. I know it will be hard once winter gets here and it's below feezing.

Supposedly I can take it to my dealer anytime and they will wash it. They did such a poor job the first time, I told them about it and have never been back. They don't dry it so I don't want the door to freeze shut come December.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts