GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished using some Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner on my Acadia's front seats and am pleased with the product. I'm curious, though, how often people here clean/condition their leather seats. I'm thinking every 4-6 months.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It's part of the routine when I change the oil. I also add some Lucas Fuel Additive at this time.

·
Registered
540 Posts
BOBBO said:
I just finished using some Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner on my Acadia's front seats and am pleased with the product. I'm curious, though, how often people here clean/condition their leather seats. I'm thinking every 4-6 months.
Bobbo,
How do you like the Meguiar's? Does it leave you seat to slippery? I haven't need to clean the Acadia seats yet ,just a few wipes with a damp cloth. My Silverado on the other hand i've tried a few things. I tried the Armoral wipes for leather and all I can say is thank you for the seatbelts or I would have came right off the seat when stopping.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
As needed or every 3 months; it's a part of my 90 day interior checklist; cleaning/conditioning the seats helps to keep the leather from tearing especially the driver and passenger seats

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Not often enough, just like waxing. I end up doing both about once per year and use all Zaino products.

·
Registered
423 Posts
huh, i never knew that conditioning leather was important. now that i have that knowledge, im not sure i desire leather so much. the smell is awesome i must admit, but i dont have time for those kinds of maitenance.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Don't worry about it too much Schram. We do ours about once a year with the same Mequiar's stuff BOBBO used. It seems that's about all it takes for us to keep everything in good shape. And it doesn't make the leather super slick like the Armor All stuff does (I've been there too DeForger ;D )

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Schram said:
huh, i never knew that conditioning leather was important.
From my own experience I'd say that it certainly is important. For 25 years I owned a 1965 MGB that had leather seats. The car was garaged when not being driven, and the climate in the San Francisco area is quite mild year-round, but after a few years of not being taken care of, the leather seats began showing cracks, then large splits. Eventually the seats literally fell apart, great patches just falling off. The leather had completely dried out. That's why I started taking car of my Acadia's seats. They weren't dirty.

I've never used a leather-care product on car seats before. I read all the threads on this forum about car maintenance and saw the general trend away from products containing petroleum-based components. The Mequair's had a good reputation and it seemed to be made of appropriate and quality materials. It was easy to use, both front seats taking me less than 10 minutes. It left no unnatural shine, the seats didn't become slippery, and that wonderful leather smell is still there.

·
Registered
423 Posts
thank you bobbo! i guess i never thought about the leather drying out so bad.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I need to condition my seats but was wondering about the 2nd row captain chairs and the 3rd row. Are they leather or is it just the front seats? I have a 2008 SLT2.

·
Registered
635 Posts
2nd row bench and captain chairs are leather as are the front door side padding, steering wheel, and shifter knobs. The 3rd row is man made.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
khansen30 said:
2nd row bench and captain chairs are leather as are the front door side padding, steering wheel, and shifter knobs. The 3rd row is man made.
Man made? meaning it's not leather? My 3rd row is leather is it different in the Outlook?

I also don't have the front door leather side padding, steering wheel and shifter knob are leather

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
This is what's listed in the order guide for SLT-1 and SLT-2:

Seat trim, leather-appointed seating on first and second rows

3rd row is vinyl.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
GeoHawk said:

3rd row is vinyl.
Learn something new everyday; I could have sworn it was leather

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
jsimms said:
GeoHawk said:

3rd row is vinyl.
Learn something new everyday; I could have sworn it was leather
Yeah, it's not really noticeable. Must be pretty high grade vinyl. ;D

·
Registered
635 Posts
jsimms said:
I also don't have the front door leather side padding, steering wheel and shifter knob are leather
It may be the trim level. If I am correct the SLT1 is the same as the XE (base entry) and SLT2 is the same as the XR. If I am wrong please correct me. On mine I have the traveling package (for the Outlook it is only available in Texas, Florida, and I think California) which is all the extra leather trim.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
The Acadia comes in 3 trim levels; SLE, SLT1 and SLT2

If I am thinking correctly; your XE coincides with the SLE and the XR aligns with the SLT's. To my knowledge, not even the SLT2 has leather door padding. There are some differences between the Outlook and the Acadia; for example the Outlook has the option for 20's where the Acadia is 19's.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Mine when I got it were 18 or 19's, and I have the 19. I wish they had the 20,s back then. I have never been able to tell why my XR is listed as a special edition. It may be because of all the extra leather trim I have (all 4 doors, etc..). I do find it interesting that GMC, Buick, Chevy all have 3 or 4 levels and Saturn 2. Oh well, another confusing thing from GM.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
khansen30 said:
Mine when I got it were 18 or 19's, and I have the 19. I wish they had the 20,s back then. I have never been able to tell why my XR is listed as a special edition. It may be because of all the extra leather trim I have (all 4 doors, etc..). I do find it interesting that GMC, Buick, Chevy all have 3 or 4 levels and Saturn 2. Oh well, another confusing thing from GM.
I think for the 09's you can get chromed 20's; but I agree why are there only two trim levels, they are made at the same plant

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.