GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the recommened change interval for the air filter?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Normal service is 50,000 miles
Severe service is :-\

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I've had my Acadia almost 2 years and I think I have like 43K miles, haven't changed it yet. Nobody has said that I need to.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
From SI:

When to Inspect the Engine Air Cleaner/Filter

Inspect the air cleaner/filter at the Maintenance II intervals and replace it at the first oil change after each 50,000 mile (80 000 km) interval. See Scheduled Maintenance for more information. If you are driving in dusty/dirty conditions, inspect the filter at each engine oil change.

How to Inspect the Engine Air Cleaner/Filter

To inspect the air cleaner/filter, remove the filter from the vehicle and lightly shake the filter (away from vehicle) to release loose dust and dirt. If the filter remains caked with dirt, a new filter is required.

I just changed ours at 18K miles, but we do quite a bit of gravel road driving.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I changed mine at about 35K. It didn't look too bad, and could have easily gone another 10K - But I had time over the Holidays and figured what the heck.

By the way - Airfilters for the Acadia are pretty hard to find at the local autoparts store. I ended up having to buy it at the dealer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i have not had to change my acadia one yet...
but I change my car approx every 10k. The more highway driving and dirt road the more frequent.

The highway kills my filters, black tire rubber fills it up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The oil change shops will not check it for you. It is too difficult to remove the cover. If you attempt, be carefull not to break the Pcv tube that attaches to the duct on outside of throttle body.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
mtridr said:
The oil change shops will not check it for you. It is too difficult to remove the cover. If you attempt, be carefull not to break the Pcv tube that attaches to the duct on outside of throttle body.
Yeah, but wouldn't the dealership have told me on my last oil change if it needed any maintenance? I think I did have an oil change shop tell me once that they could not access it and that it didn't matter because they didn't stock it anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts