GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, quick question...how many quarts of transmission fluid do I need to buy for my 2018 SLT. I'm seeing minimum 4.2 quarts, but just want to make sure. I plan on doing it twice...the second time being about 500 miles after the initial drain and fill.

Thanks!
-A

·
Super Moderator
20,846 Posts
Best bet is measure what's taken out and replace that amount. Then, check the level on the dipstick and add more, if necessary. Use the quantity you've read about as a guide for purchasing what you need.

Reactions: ooshnoo

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Hey guys, quick question...how many quarts of transmission fluid do I need to buy for my 2018 SLT. I'm seeing minimum 4.2 quarts, but just want to make sure. I plan on doing it twice...the second time being about 500 miles after the initial drain and fill.

Thanks!
-A
Just curious. . . which fluid brand and type will you be using? Some say using the newer Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP "Blue Label" makes quite a difference in shifting performance.
It is the newer fluid and same as the GM branded fluid for resolving some shifting issues in the GM 8L45 and 8L90e transmissions.
Many have used it in the 6 speed Colorado/Canyon transmissions as well.
If anything, it is Dexron approved and has higher specs regarding moisture absorption which is said to have been a cause of shifting and torque converter issues in the 8 speed transmissions. 6L50 shudder fix

Mobil 1™ Synthetic LV ATF HP | Mobil™ Motor Oils

1 - 4 of 4 Posts