GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a very cool review from a GMinsidenews.com member. He review his neighbor's completely base model Acadia SLE with no options. SO how much vehicle do you get for under $30k? Read on...

HTML:
[img]http://members.aol.com/envoydenali05/wwwIMG_8537crop.JPG[/img] 
[img]http://members.aol.com/envoydenali05/wwwIMG_8531.JPG[/img]
We all know somebody like my neighbor Bill … a person who is kind, generous, helpful … and cheap. In my neighborhood, Bill’s frugality is legendary, so imagine my utter shock when I heard that he had ordered a new GMC Acadia for his wife. From what I’ve read, Acadias were fine but expensive vehicles, unsuitable for thrifty folk like Bill. When he recently asked to swap vehicles with me for a week, I was excited at the thought of getting acquainted with GMC’s new crossover. While poking around the Acadia’s interior, I found its window sticker, which solved the mystery. Bill ordered a base Acadia, with absolutely no options. Including the destination charge, his Acadia was priced at $29,990.

Bill’s Acadia SLE, however, is no stripped rental-fleet vehicle. Standard equipment includes a 3.6L V6 producing 275 hp and 251 lb-ft of torque, the only engine offered in the Acadia. GM’s new 6-speed automatic is also standard, including a manual shift feature. Dual exhaust, anti-lock brakes, stability control and traction control are also included. Airbags abound, with head side curtain and side impact airbags for the front passengers. Heated outside mirrors are also included. The standard 18 inch aluminum wheels include a tire pressure monitoring system. For those wishing to cram 250 songs on a disc, the CD player can play MP3 CDs. The steering wheel is both tilting and telescoping. The 7-passenger seating includes two captain’s chairs in the middle row that slide on tracks to increase leg room, or tumble forward to provide easy access to the roomy third row bench.

Bill opted for the carbon metallic paint, marketing-speak for metallic black, which provides an elegant contrast to the chrome accents. The base package doesn’t include the power rear hatch, but opening the Acadia’s hatch required little effort. The Acadia has a noticeably wide stance, giving it an agile appearance. The taillights, however, have an odd star-shaped chrome bezel within, reminiscent of tacky after-market taillights that seem to clutter an otherwise clean exterior design.

I found the standard cloth seats to be quite comfortable, even after 4 hours on the road. There are no power features in these seats, but the manual adjustment rod under the front of the seat was easy to find and operate. One interesting feature is center console armrest, which slides fore and aft to provide access to a deep storage bin underneath or hinges upward to reveal additional storage. Atop the dashboard is a padded center storage bin, perfect for door openers or other small items. Speaking of storage, the rear floor provides three storage bins, including one large center bin that would be perfect for holding jumper cables or similar items.

Read the full review at: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1012963#post1012963

·
Registered
956 Posts
It is a lot of car for the money. I bought mine for $31,000.00 but it has AWD, XM radio, power seats, ultrasonic backup option, remote starter,cargo nets, trailer package and upgraded wheel package. Although not loaded by Acadia standards, it was exactly what I was looking for.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, My SLT1 w/ DVD, 5.1 surround bose 10 speaker system, rem start, rear parking assist, XM, AC outlet, cargo nets and capts chairs was $32k

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this is an old posting but... I got my 2011 GMC Acadia SLT AWD (Not sure if its SLT1 or SLT2) with 50k miles with a warranty for 25k out the door. I just didnt give the dealership any chance to negotiate with me, it was simple, either you want my money or you dont but I know SOMEONE will want my money. Always go in Pre-approved for your loan, NEVER let a dealership secure your loan for you!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
donbickle707 said:
Always go in Pre-approved for your loan, NEVER let a dealership secure your loan for you!
Good point :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought mine for $31,000.00 but it has AWD, XM radio, power seats, ultrasonic backup option, remote starter,cargo nets,

·
Registered
81 Posts
Remember, each purchase is unique. When I bought my loaded 2010 SLT-1 with 19,200 miles for $26,900 a few months back, GM was running a promotion for 1.9% on loans for certified vehicles, which was quite good. Even at that, my dealer went a step further and obtained me an even lower rate of 1.65% with Wells Fargo. The interest I will be paying over the life of the loan is just a drop in the bucket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts