GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I was told production on my vehicle was to begin yesterday (4/16). Today I got a follow-up call that it is in the production process. Anyone have any idea how long this phase is?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
To add to Lou's question, does anybody know how the Acadias are produced, in what order? Specifically, do they do certain colors in batches?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
This is just a guess, but I woud think they would do batch runs of each color, to stramline the prodction process.
It probably depends on how much time it takes to switch color and setup for the new color. 001 is probably the
one to ask about this. :poke:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Lou said:
Last week I was told production on my vehicle was to begin yesterday (4/16). Today I got a follow-up call that it is in the production process. Anyone have any idea how long this phase is?
it takes from start to finish if things go well about 2 days thru body thru paint and out the door
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
pete7919 said:
To add to Lou's question, does anybody know how the Acadias are produced, in what order? Specifically, do they do certain colors in batches?
there is no specific order all the cars sit in a spot called the stacker ,when a order comes thru depending on what color the car drops into trim and the begin to finish it with all the options you want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Radar! I'm due for an update on Tuesday so I'm hoping for good news. I notice your signature says Lansing, home of the Acadia. I thought our sales rep mentioned NC? Are there multiple plants or do they route them through NC?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
You asked about the paint process and running cars in batches. Yes they do this not only for quality (color bleed through) but also for the environment. We use less purge thinner cleaning paint spray equipment that way. Less purge thinner less fumes up the paint stacks. We also recycle all the purge thinner we use so the only loss is the stuff that evaporates.

Did you know that we use powder primer?

I also work at Lansing Delta Twonship and would love to answer any questions you might have.

Don
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Lou said:
Thanks Radar! I'm due for an update on Tuesday so I'm hoping for good news. I notice your signature says Lansing, home of the Acadia. I thought our sales rep mentioned NC? Are there multiple plants or do they route them through NC?
I've read that all the Lambda platform vehicle are only being built at the Lansing Delta Township plant, so the delivery must be routed through NC. From what I understand it is a real state of the art facility that is also very environmentally friendly (green).

Click on this link and you will come to a page that has a link to a slideshow from a school project that has pictures from inside the plant, you can see some Lambda's being built, I think they might be Outlook's.

http://projectphotoshoplightroom.com/project_detail.php?id=3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
don willems said:
I also work at Lansing Delta Twonship and would love to answer any questions you might have.

Don
When will my car be ready? :D

Just kidding, thanks for the responses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
don willems said:
You asked about the paint process and running cars in batches. Yes they do this not only for quality (color bleed through) but also for the environment. We use less purge thinner cleaning paint spray equipment that way. Less purge thinner less fumes up the paint stacks. We also recycle all the purge thinner we use so the only loss is the stuff that evaporates.

Did you know that we use powder primer?

I also work at Lansing Delta Twonship and would love to answer any questions you might have.

Don
Don,

I'd appreciate anything you want to share about the plant and the process. It would be real neat to get an overview of the entire process of building the Acadia. I don't have any basis on how they are actually put together. I'm interested in hearing more about how they sequence the cars to be manufactured. Do the build one color a day? Week? Hour?

I know nothing about paint, but I guess powder primer is something different than normal?

Thanks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
Welcome to acadiaforum.net Radar, Don and other Lansing Delta Employees! Thanks so much for taking the time to answer member questions. And thanks for building such an awesome vehicle!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
I'm looking for a first hand opinion from those in the know and hope I can get some help. We're about to order an Acadia. We would like to order Gold Mist with the Titanium Leather Interior. The salesman we are dealing with seems apprehensive about that combo and therefore has left us apprehensive. Has anyone seen this combo on or off the assembly line? If so, how did they look together? Any help appreciated. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
This is the combo we were origianlly going to go with but decided on the carbon metallic instead. This was purely a preference by me and was no way discouraged with the Gold Mist/ Titanium look. I think it will be just fine. In fact, I think it would look pretty good. Your salesman was probably just stating his own preference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
johnway said:
Lou said:
Thanks Radar! I'm due for an update on Tuesday so I'm hoping for good news. I notice your signature says Lansing, home of the Acadia. I thought our sales rep mentioned NC? Are there multiple plants or do they route them through NC?
I've read that all the Lambda platform vehicle are only being built at the Lansing Delta Township plant, so the delivery must be routed through NC. From what I understand it is a real state of the art facility that is also very environmentally friendly (green).

Click on this link and you will come to a page that has a link to a slideshow from a school project that has pictures from inside the plant, you can see some Lambda's being built, I think they might be Outlook's.

http://projectphotoshoplightroom.com/project_detail.php?id=3
our plant is the only one that builds the acadia - enclave - outlook
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Radar said:
johnway said:
Lou said:
Thanks Radar! I'm due for an update on Tuesday so I'm hoping for good news. I notice your signature says Lansing, home of the Acadia. I thought our sales rep mentioned NC? Are there multiple plants or do they route them through NC?
I've read that all the Lambda platform vehicle are only being built at the Lansing Delta Township plant, so the delivery must be routed through NC. From what I understand it is a real state of the art facility that is also very environmentally friendly (green).

Click on this link and you will come to a page that has a link to a slideshow from a school project that has pictures from inside the plant, you can see some Lambda's being built, I think they might be Outlook's.

http://projectphotoshoplightroom.com/project_detail.php?id=3
our plant is the only one that builds the acadia - enclave - outlook
Radar,

You and your team have every right to be proud of your plant and its products. The photos inside the plant were great. I was surprised they let the Lansing Community College student(s)take photos inside the plant--that's not normal at any of the other plants I've been to, but I am appreciative that I got to see them.

002
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top