GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Acadia will be here in a week. YAHOO :blob: I'm going to use Zaino as it has gotten great reviews here. The people at Zaino said I could use it right away since the new technology cures the paint in 36 -48 hours. Is this really ok with new paint?

How long will it take to do the whole Zaino shabang? I live in Oregon, so right now having dry, warm weather is impossible. Will have to do it in the garage which worries me because our garage is not the cleanest since my husband is a finish carpenter and likes to cut things in there :banghead: Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
apples said:
My new Acadia will be here in a week. YAHOO :blob: I'm going to use Zaino as it has gotten great reviews here. The people at Zaino said I could use it right away since the new technology cures the paint in 36 -48 hours. Is this really ok with new paint?

How long will it take to do the whole Zaino shabang? I live in Oregon, so right now having dry, warm weather is impossible. Will have to do it in the garage which worries me because our garage is not the cleanest since my husband is a finish carpenter and likes to cut things in there :banghead: Any suggestions? Thanks
You have so many options with Zaino so the time is dependent on what Zaino products you use. I've used other combinations of Zaino in the past, but on the Acadia I used ZAIO as the 1st coat and then put Z2 as a 2nd coat. Not including the time to wash the car, it took me about 1 - 1 1/2 hours to do both coats on and off. I waited 30 days from my build date before I did anything.

Some people do multiple coats of Z2(and Z5 too) with ZFX additive and Z6 gloss enhancer between coats, but you might take all day to do your car. It just all depends on what you want.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I use the Zaino claybar and the ZAIO product. After washing the car it takes about 2 hours.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The real question is how easy the vehicle is to maintain after investing the time in first session. I often put multiple coats of Zaino on because it keeps getting better, but I'm amazed about how easy it is to keep it looking nice with some detailing spray. I have people walk up to me in parking lots asking what I use on the Acadia because it's so shiny. Good luck, take a chance, and enjoy it. Erik

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great thanks...just got word car should be in end of next week. WOW that was quick...ordered Dec 5. Gonna be like a kid in a candy store. Can't wait

·
Registered
180 Posts
Apples, I hope you enjoy your new Acadia, let us know what you think. Erik

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
apples said:
Just a note for you. Sister-in-law works at local GM truck factory and in paint dept for 20+ years and first thing she told me when purchased Acadia was to wait 30 days after build date to apply any treatment. FULL paint cure is 30 days

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info...i might just wait for the 30 days as a percaution. I'm getting conflicting stories. People who're in the painting industry say with the new paint that it cures in 36-48 hours and I saw you're post on another thread saying to wait 30 days for cure...not sure which is correct, but my philosophy is it's better to be safe than sorry :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts