GMC Acadia Forum banner

How long do you plan on keeping your Acadia?

• 1-3 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-7 years

• 8-11 years

• 12+ years

• other (please explain)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this might be an interesting question...

How long do you plan on keeping your Acadia?

We kept our Yukon for 9 years, but we plan on keeping the Acadia for 6-7 because we no longer have the need for the vast amount of cargo space the Yukon offered, and plan on getting a convertible after our time with the Acadia. :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Right now, we are planning on about 10 years, but who knows what the future brings.

·
Registered
428 Posts
At least 5 years for me. :thumb:

·
Registered
166 Posts
We're probably in approximately the same boat. 7-10 years seems about right. Our Tahoe is right at 7 years now, so that will be next for replacement...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Probably should make this a poll to get a better tally. We usually keep our vehicles for a long time. This vehicle replaces our 1994 Suburban, which we just sold but bought originally in Nov 1993 -- making it well over 14 years old. However our Caddy died after only 6 or 7 years. It's kind of up to the Acadia itself. How long will it love us? :binky:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Probably at least 5 years for ours. The last two family haulers we've kept for 5-6 years before getting the itch for something new.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Probably 10-12 years or so, if the vehicle stays low maintenance :thumb: Or, gas prices force a change to my plan :eek:hno:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I always try to keep my vehicles about 10 years. This kind of ended up being a mistake with our '97 Grand Caravan - maybe should have dumped at 8 years before the tranny crapped out and multiple other problems cropped up. But then again, had I dumped it at 8 years, we wouldn't own an Acadia now because they weren't out then. And all the repairs in the last 2 years of the Dodge were still a lot cheaper than car payments.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I think too that this should be a poll.

We keep our cars 7-10 years depending on the mileage. We usually go to roughly 150,000. However, we broke that norm when we traded our 2001 Montana on the Acadia when the Montana was almost 7 years old, but only had 66,000 miles on it. If we keep the miles low on the Acadia, when it hits the 10 year mark it may still have less than 90,000 miles on it. My 7 year old son will be a driver by that time and I may end up keeping the Acadia past 10 years for me to drive. Much will depend on how reliable it is as it gets older, and some will depend on what gas prices do.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Until I decide I like something else better.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We tend to keep them until around 100k miles. I tend to believe that after that 100k milestone is the stage where wear and tear begins to take hold. Maybe the car makers are better now than ever, but I think getting 100k out of a car is getting your $$ worth.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Exactly 48 months!! Then we might lease another one!

Ryan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought mine outright... Until the wife busts my chops for a new car... The the Acadia becomes mine... So the answer is till it dies :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
:blob: :blob: :blob:we'll keep ours and buy anther in 5 years :cheers:

·
Registered
125 Posts
It seems I start shopping every 7 - 8 years. But, 5 years from now I'll be retired. The wife and I have been talking about what that means. We may not need this big of a car then and the cost of gas will certainly enter into the decision also.

·
Registered
61 Posts
We keep our cars until they die (or give them away). This is our first GM vehicle, so we'll see how long it lasts. Our other cars:

'73 Capri - put out of its misery at 110,000 miles :sosad:
'87 Sentra - 146,000 (wrecked in the prime of its life by a kid who had "his first accident") :angryfire:
'89 Golf - 133,000 (gave to my wife's nephew) ::)
'93 Tracer - 138,000 (gave to my wife's niece) ::)
'96 Taurus - 126,000 (gave to my wife's sister) ::)
'01 Passat - still driving it every day with 175,000+ :thumb:
'04 Volvo S40 - wife driving daily at 85,000+ :thumb:
'08 Acadia - our weekend car/family hauler with 6,000+ :thumb:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Seven years, when or when it has 150,000 or so miles...if it's still in good shape, I'll keep 'er until she blows up. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts