GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a bunch of problems with our Acadia when we 1st purchased it. Our Acadia was a dealer trade, and had to be driven about 60 miles to our location. We had to pick it up at 7pm, so the detailer had already gone home. We came back 4 times to have it detailed as it shoul have been. The dealer said that the detailer who "detailed" our car has had problem in the past doing a good job. We left it 4 times, for 4 hours each time, still not to have the car cleaned correctyl. We had the dealer recommended DVD installer NOT know what he was doing when he attempted to install our aftermarket DVD player / monitor. Then we had a paint issue, and that took 2 weeks to get fixed, as our dealer did not schedule things out as they had told us were taken care of. As compensation for the paint / detail / dvd install issue, the dealer agreed to put running boards on at dealer cost :thumb:. When we finally picked it up, paint issue resolved and running boards installed, the dealer charge me almost $600 for the running boards, which is $150, more then cost. The sales manager said to pay for them now, and he would talk to the owner, and "promised" to get me a check for the $150. 2 months later, after MANY calls to the dealer, they are refusing to cut a check. :sosad: i am very disappointed with our overall expierence. We purchased a new Nissan Armada last year, and had WONDERFUL service. :angel:

Has anyone else had a BAD expierence with GMC dealer?

I am tempted to mention the dealer and sales manager, but i will bit my tongue! :angryfire:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Sad that there are dealers that are non customer service orientated, from the top down. But it is a reality and have to do homework.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have had just the opposite experience. The dealership has treated me fair. I paid $600.00 for the boards installed. They had my car for four days total working with GM Tech Support to install my remote starter fobs. They only charged me for one hour of labor. The information that they received from Tech Support was wrong three days in a row. They got the correct info today!

You also can ask the dealership how they rate in the GM Survey program. My dealership service department is #1 in my area.

Is this the only dealer in your area?

Pat

·
Registered
812 Posts
im actually in the process of purchasing one from any of the 3 dealers here in Lake county, IN. Sadly only one is a bit more accomodating as the other two are still having the 'big head issue" as they're riding high on the Acadia's success that its either their price (MSRP) or bust!!! :-\ and with the low inventories, i have to have mine built to order.

i never experience having to negotiate this hard for a vehicle, putting matter worst the only incentives right now is the Conquest rebates for $500 and a 5.9% APR if you went thru dealer financing. the one dealer i went thru tried to play innocent about the Conquest rebates and said "...never heard such thing..." :angryfire:

If anyone of you guys lived in or near Lake County, IN please give info where you buoght your Acadia and your sale experiences in any of the 3 dealers in our area. ;D Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Funny thing is that I actually bought the Acadia because of my dealer. (King Pontiac in Gaithersburg, MD.) This is my 4th car from them and they have been so fantastic that when I buy a car, I look at the cars they have in their line up and pick from that. Heck, in 2001 I bought a Pontiac Montana over the Honda and Toyota Minivans just so I could continue using this dealer.

I have been using their service department for 15 years now. They are fantastic and a key reason I go back, but the sales group is great too.

I feel so bad for anyone that cannot have this same experience.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I love the dealer I go to. Everyone there is great. Sevice department has taken care of 3 of my cars through the years. Could not ask for better service or sales experience. General GMC in Methuen MA. However, the dealer closer to me in my hometown of Haverhill Ma, DeLuca GM has played games everytime I try to buy a GM from them, so I quit trying and only deal with General now. A bit farther to drive, but well worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just bought my acadia from Dave Smith Motors in Kellog, ID. It was so easy. I submitted for a quote over the internet and a sales guy called me the next day. I told him exactly what I was looking for and he quoted me a price that was, with a $500 conquest rebate, $1000 below invoice price. They placed a factory order for me and had my car was ready for me 5 weeks later. Because we are from the Seattle area, we had to take a quick commuter flight and they arranged to have us picked up at the airport and made hotel reservations for us. Also had offered Silver Mountain ski passes to us. It was a nice little road trip for us and the process couldn't have been easier. I highly recommend them if you are in the area. There was no pressure to sell add ons, extended warranties, accessories, other service contracts..... And, their price is their price. You don't have to waste time and energy negotiating with them because the price that they offered me in the beginning was so far below what anyone else could do for me that I didn't have to spend time dickering with them. Great experience all around.

However, I am hoping someone from the North Seattle area might be on here that can recommend a good service dealership in my area. I can't use Dave Smith, as it is 400 miles away! Anyone out there have any recommendations of good GM dealers north of Seattle?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Daisy - in our search for our Acadia in Snohomish County we were most impressed by Revord Motors/GMC in South Everett, where ultimately we made our purchase. Although we have not yet been in for any service work at the dealership, I would expect the department will have the same commitment to customer service as the sales staff did. Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess everyone has had good customer service EXCEPT me. :banghead: I'm very upset at the sales manager, and will NOT recommend anyone to this dealer. Avoid Tracy, CA GMC!!!! (sorry for the name drop) :angryfire:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I will recommend a Star GMC/Pontiac dealership in Leesburg, va. It's privately own dealership, not a chain, very flexible with trade in and new car price as well. I got very good deal from them.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Drove 1-1/2 hours to Lemay GMC, Buick, Pontiac, Cadilac , Kenosha, WI., as wife's friends brother is new car salesperson. Received familly GM discount, plus another $500.00, but was short $1000.00 on what I wanted for trade. Goes to his manager, as usual, and would split 50/50. I approved. Basically was a clean sale for both of us. After test driving........etc...We were driving out of the dealership in our new Acadia in 2 hours time. We had not brought the title to our old car and said not to worry about it......sign and put it in the mail. Service Dept, I can't speak.....as too far. Had our xmission flash couple months ago along with tires rotated one evening at a dealer near where I work at Lynch Chevrolet-Buick-Pontiac-GMC, Burlington, WI. Experience at Lynch was fantastic and all was done right the first time in 1-1/4 hours. Lynch is where I will take our Acadia if we need any work done. Waiting area was posh with 50 inch LCD with plenty of magazines. Also have 4 stations to hook up your laptop for internet access. Waiting area was out in the open in new car show room with children's play area off to the side about 20 feet. Class Act..... If I have any warranty issues, tire rotations etc., I would have serviced at Lynch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought mine at D'ella in Queensbury NY. They will not be getting any return business from me. Salesman was a snotty little turd who told me that if I gave him a perfect survey score then he would get me a free oil change. I promptly told him that my integrity was worth alot more to me than a $20 oil change. Needless to say I didn't get a "free" oil change. Then he gave his own address to XM radio when he activated it so I had to call XM and give them the correct address. Then when I went to the GMAC site to make an online payment, I couldn't because the dealer had given them the wrong info on my SS# so now I have to fax GMAC a copy of my drivers license and SS card if I want to change the info. It is my wifes Acadia and she wanted it or else D'ella would have lost the deal. NEVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH D'ELLA.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Funny you should mention your dealer tried to bribe you for a perfect "survey score" with a $20 oil change. Mine showed much more integrity and tried to bribe me with a free fill up of gas. :sosad: With gas at 3 bucks a gallon I caved and traded my blank survey to them for a full tank (of course I ran it all the way down to fumes first) ;D
Key1

·
Registered
95 Posts
After calling and e-mailing all of the dealerships within a 40 mile radius of the Metro Detroit area and finding no one willing to deal I stumbled upon the same dealership that Fenwah on this board did. Ballas Buick GMC in Toledo, OH went the extra mile to deal with me and offered me almost $1,200 less than anyone else did right off the bat. Transaction was smooth through the mail and when I arrived to pick it up it was ready to go with only about 5 mins of additional paperwork to complete. Unfortunately I can't use their service department since they are about 2 hours away. I would used them again for sure.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'd have to say overall i'm pleased with the dealer we used, Don Mackey Cadillac, GMC and used to be Oldsmobile. We've bought 5 new vehicles from them since 1987. I also like the service department. My service writer is very nice and attentative. We've always been treated decently there. I use to work for the previous service manager back in the 70's at a different dealership. The current service manager i also know since we race at the same track. So, it does help to know someone sometimes. When i had the trans flashed and they evidently forgot to do both modules, since the odometer was off, i went back to get it redone and got a free oil change card for my trouble. Had the oil changed this week and went with Mobile 1 synthetic and didn't cost me a cent.
Jerry
http://members.cox.net/racer7201

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the Enclave instead of the Acadia because of the GMC dealer. Betten Pontiac, GMC in MI. After the sales manager got done with the deal he wanted $25,900 difference for a 2nd level car without the sun roof. I thought that was not enough for my trade-in and said so. He just said to think about his offer and went back into his office. In the mail 2 days later I received from the salesman a couple of Xeroxed pamphlets about selling my car myself or how the consumer doesn't understand trade-ins. By the way, he had 7 or 8 cars on the lot. I went over to the Buick dealer with the same trade-in and got a deal of $24,300 difference on a Enclave with more standard and optional features. The Buick dealer went across the state to get the car I wanted as he only had one on the lot and it had a sun roof and I didn't want one. Needless to say when the car came in I bought it. A week later I got a call from the GMC people saying to bring my trade-in in and he would take another look. I really felt good telling him that I had my Enclave. So I almost had an Acadia, and they are a very nice car.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I bought from a dealer 50 miles away because 1 year ago they had one in the colors I was wanting to see. Back then it was darn hard to even find a dealer that had one on the lot.

The dealership is quite old and somewhat worn & tattered from the ages. The 100 mile round trip was a minus plus having to take off work to go on a weekday. I made one trip back for the airbag recall, have the trans reflashed, & headlights lowered. After 3 hours of talking to the gabby service advisor, the Acadia was ready. The tech came out and told me what he did etc, I asked about the trans flash & he said "Hun?". It's not on the list & I've not heard of any flash. (well not many knew about it unless you were a member of this forum. We knew things before the service departments did). A wasted workday and headlights pointing to the ground.

I pulled out a printed copy of the info from this forum & he scratched his head asking where I found this. I only went back once for a free fillup with my blank survey.

I now go to the modern dealer 10 miles away. They are real good and will take me back to work when I drop it off.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts