GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Horribly stupid question but the manual says you press the ON/OFF knob (the volume control knob actually on the side of the Nav screen) and it turns the radio off. It says hold it down for 2 seconds if you want to shut the whole screen down. Well for me a quick press turns off not only the radio, but also the Nav screen leaving only a clock. Holding it down 2 seconds causes two beeps then the same thing, black screen with a clock. What am I doing wrong, is there some option I need to set? As it stands I only turn off music in my car by hitting the on wheel mute. ???

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone with Nav have an idea? how do you shut off the radio but keep the nav image on the screen. right now i have no choice but to mute, or volume down the radio which remains permanently on.

thanks...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not aware of a AUX button with a Nav setup. AUX is on the touchscreen but without a source plugged in is unavailable for selection.

·
Registered
51 Posts
canyonblue737 -- I've been wondering the same thing (and using your same workaround -- just mute the radio). I tried again today -- a quick push turns everything off, and a long push results in 2 beeps then everything off. But I sure can't get just the radio off and have the nav stay on.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Aux works with rear DVD entertainment installed. Not sure if it's my IPOD lockpick or not but I have two Aux selection options: Front/Rear. With entertainment system, I would have assumed only Rear. I think it's considering the lockpick as Front Aux (lockpick as aux inputs) even though it's in the back wheel compartment.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah, I see. I don't have the rear DVD so AUX is not selectable, and I don't have lockpick. It is kinda bizarre but it seems mute or dialing down the volume really is the only way... not a big deal but if anyone bumps a volume control etc. the radio comes right back on.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The front AUX is for the small jack up on the radio itself were you can presently plug in an MP3 player, (looks like a headphone jack). It is labels "O" in the image below. The problem with analogist suggestion is that you will need to have something plugged into that jack to be able to even hit that button, if not it is grayed out and not accessible.

from the Nav manual pg 82:

2. Press the AUDIO key. Then press the AUDIO
key repeatedly until AUX (auxiliary) is
selected; or select the AUX screen button.
A front auxiliary device must be connected
before the front auxiliary device can be
selected.[/color] The rear auxiliary device can be
selected by pressing the REAR AUX button.
The rear auxiliary device system requires
all video and audio inputs to be connected
to ensure proper audio fidelity of the rear
auxiliary device.

My only advise is to just turn the volume dial down, but I am not sure if you will be able to hear the nav directions if the volume is turned down or you have the mute set??? I will have to check this out. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
It is unfortunate that Aux cannot be selected by those without rear DVD. I guess you can dangle an aux cable in the Nav, but that's b-league.

I did the Nav/Aux combo today and it works great if one wants no audible emissions. I can't imagine using this setup though. I have lived with background music for quite a while and just switch to the station/XM channel that provides the appropriate background "mood".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts