GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was replying to another post about my Outlook and told the other poster how i rated my Outlook so far. Then i thought i should tell him how i rated the other cars I have owned so he would have some frame of reference as to what I thought about cars. I thought it would be fascinating to see what other board members would have to say about their Lamdas and other vehicles they have owned. Let use a 1 to 10 scale.

Can't wait to see what you all have to say!! I think the folks on these boards are great!

Overall i give my Saturn Outlook an 8 out of 10. (we have 10K miles on it)
I have had a few minor problems - seat belt height adjustment broke, my audio system has a minor high pitch sound that I have had them look at twice and it isn't fixed. Drives me crazy but my wife doesn't even notice it.

2003 Audi A4 Avant wagon - 9 of 10 - great car, no complaints
2001 Toyota Highlander - 8 of 10 - great car, boring styling
1999 Honda Civic - 9 of 10 - great car, simple, nothing fancy, completely reliable
1994 Toyota 4Runner - 7 of 10 - put 200K miles on it, but it seems like i was doing repairs at least once a year, should have sold it earlier but couldn't afford to
1991 Jeep Wrangler - 6 of 10 - i looked so cool driving this car ;) , but it always felt like it was going to fall apart
1983 Buick Century - 4 of 10 - i looked like a goofball driving this car, but Mom and Dad gave it to me for college - better than nothing I guess!

·
Registered
812 Posts
your 2003 Audi Avant Wagon is a killer!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I can't believe you've had only one reply to far! the other guy didn't even reply technically!

I would rate our Acadia as an 8 out of 10. Great, but definitely some issues, (traction control warning light issue mainly). To the dealer several times already in the first 3 months.

94 Honda Accord - 9 out of 10 (never in for repair, but uncomfortable driving long distances)
99 Chrylsler 300M - 9 out of 10 (reliable, but some road noise)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I had a Chrysler Lebaron Convertable: 3 out of 10 Issues- traded it in at 4 years old and got $1000 for it
Nissan Altima: 9 out of 10 NO problems, got the standard so it was fun to drive
Volvo S70- 4 out of 10- traded it in at 5 years old- you name it, it went wrong, however got the standard and was REALLY fun to drive
Acadia- 8 out of 10 so far. No real issues, not as much fun to drive, but has everything I need at this point in my life
Porshe Boxter- let you know when the Acadia fades out!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would rate my Outlook 9/10 No issues whatsoever since purchase in 7/07 except the tranny flash. I am impressed with the fit, finish, roominess, and drive ability I love 8) this truck!

2002 Lexus IS300 LS 7/10. wore through tires like no other car I ever owned, poor rear visibility, high insurance, high maintainance, excellent mechanically smooth as silk.

1997 Acura Integra Special Edition 9/10 - One of the best cars I ever owned, a tad too small tho.

1996 Chevy Camaro 4/10 Bought it for the looks, started falling apart first year, traded it in took a huge hit to get rid of it.

1991 Acura Integra 8/10 - Great car should've kept it a few more years instead of getting the Camaro

·
Registered
339 Posts
83 Honda Accord: 5 out of 10 - I bought it with over 100K on the odo, so it already had quite a bit of "character" when i bought it
95 Hyundai Scoupe: 2 out of 10 - the thing was gutless and had tons of problems. It came with my wife when I first met her and I couldn't talk her out of trading it in quick enough!
94 Mitsu Galant: 7 out of 10 - was a pretty good car
95 Ford Ranger: 6 out of 10 - it has served me pretty well, has had continuous EGR valve problems causing Check Engine Light to constantly go off
2003 Nissan Maxima: 9 out of 10 - I absolutely loved this car. The reason we got rid of it is also one of the reasons we loved it. It had a very sporty ride (i.e. very stiff suspension). This was great when you were in the mood for some sporty driving, but on liesurely long distance trips you would feel a bit worn out by the end of the ride. This is was the "family" car at the time. I wish the Acadia was around when we had decided to get rid of it. Instead we would have kept that and got the Acadia as the "family" cruiser.
2005 Toyota Avalon: 9 out of 10 - It is extremely roomy for a sedan and the ride is fantastic. So far it has been very reliable. I just hope it continues that way as we plan on keeping it and the Acadia for a long time.

2008 Acadia: yet to be determined... Just ordered over a week ago, so I'll have to update this thread in a few months... I'm praying for a water tight machine with none of the gremlins some of you early adopters have ran into...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've driven everything from a Lexus to a Toyota to a Tahoe and an Expedition....not to mention the cars of my early driving years.

And, I have to say that, without a doubt, the Acadia is the best I have driven. I have never been a repeat buyer of a make and model, but if things continue along as they are now, I will not hesitate to buy another Acadia in the future.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Pretty much in the order of my driving history...

82 Plymouth Voyager: 3 out of 10 - It got me where I needed to go, but I hated it. Transmission always slipped, especially in the rain or damp weather. It eventually died in an accident caused by that transmission issue.

68 Plymouth Satellite: 6 out of 10 - Inherited this car from my dad. It was a boat. Fun to drive, but typically needed work. This one also had tranny issues. I will never own another Chrysler product.

87 Pontiac Grand Am SE Turbo: 10 out of 10 - I bought this car barely used. My first "real" car. LOVED IT. Of course, I was just a kid, anything with a turbo engine was going to rate a 10 out of 10. Only problem I ever had with it was when the heater core blew out. Not a fun experience and certainly not easy to fix.

88 Ford Taurus: 2 out of 10 - Also bought used (and apparently pre-abused). If it could go wrong, it did go wrong. I will never buy another Ford.

81 Pontiac Phoenix: 2 out of 10 - It was a junker given to me by my dad. The driver's side door never opened. It constantly overheated. Went through transmission fluid like it was going out of style. It got us around though. Then it eventually caught on fire. Thankfully my husband was driving it at the time and had to deal with that. I would have panicked, not been able to get out the driver's door and went down with the ship.

95 Pontiac Sunfire: __ out of 10 - I only had this one for about a month before I decided I couldn't really afford it, so I can't really rate it. It was a cute, quick lil vehicle.

88 Pontiac Grand Am: 10 out of 10 - I love Pontiacs. :) Again, great car. Until that accident killed it. It was never the same after they repaired it, so I got rid of it.

85 Chevrolet Camaro: 9 out of 10 - I bought it for 500 bucks with like 350,000 miles on the odometer. Of course, it had a rebuilt engine in it. Only had to replace the timing chain about a year later. Then the tranny went on it. Bought another non-running Camaro for 300 bucks with a good tranny and better body. Swapped the engine out of the 85 into the 86. Then the engine went about a year after that. Dropped a brand spankin' new engine into it and it ran like a champ. Drove it until the rest of the car fell apart on me. I love Camaros. So easy to work on and easy to find parts for.

86 Audi 5000S Wagon: 6 out of 10 - Used car. All the gadgets. MANY electrical problems. Also had a hydraulic brake fluid leak that we could never fix. The body was solid though, no rust, never will. It's still sitting in my driveway. Needs a control arm. In fact, the part has been sitting in my dining room for over a year now waiting for my boyfriend to put it on the vehicle. ::)

03 Saturn Vue AWD V6: 9 out of 10 - I give it a 9 because I just absolutely loved my Vue. I wanted one for a whole year before actually buying it... the commercials for it were adorable. It probably deserves a lesser rating just because of all the problems I had with it... throttle plate stuck every winter, windshield wiper nozzles blew out, grinding noise in steering column... I know there were other problems, but apparently I've locked them away in that part of my mind that doesn't want me to remember how much of a PITA this car was. LOL

06 Saturn Vue AWD V6: 9 out of 10 - This one didn't give me any problems really. I love the Vue. It's fun to drive. But I got bored with it and the Acadia caught my eye.

07 GMC Acadia SLE: 9 out of 10 - I <3 My Acadia. It hasn't been without it's little quirks here and there, which earn it the 9 out of 10 rating. Overall, it's been a great vehicle. Fun to drive. Sporty. Eye-catching.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
In order of purchase:
1968 Chevy Van - Old work truck used for going to school. Not going to even rate it.
1968 Chevy Pick Up- Old work truck used for going to school. Not going to even rate it.
1970 Chevy Van - Old work truck used for going to school. Not going to even rate it.
1970 Chevy Nomad Station Wagon- Old work car used for going to school. Not going to even rate it.
1972 Chevy Chevelle - 8 of 10 This was my first "real" car that I actually detailed and loved. I had to sell it to afford college.
1965 Dodge Coronet - 5 of 10 This is the car I got as a hand me down from Grandma in college. It had a 225 slant 6 and was way underpowered. It was reliable and cheap, but it also require constant maintenance. Points, plugs, pack wheel bearings, etc.
1974 AMC Pacer 7 of 10 - This car came with my wife. I hated just about everything about the way it looked. But this car was a tank and just kept running and running and running.
1981 Chevy Citation - 4 of 10 This was just not one of Chevy's better cars.
1976 Ford Econoline Van - 6 of 10 - This van was nothing special. Just a car my uncle sold me cheap.
1986 Chevy Celebrity - 7 of 10 - This was a very nice car, but I did need to do the front brakes every 20K or so.
1990 Chevy Lumina - 9 of 10 - This was my first new car and the best one I have ever owned. I paid $12,000 out the door and other than typical maintenance, had one $500 repair at 93,000 miles. I sold this car at 164,000 miles to a friend and he totaled it with 285,000. The only reason it does not get a 10 of 10 is that it had oil leaks after about 85,000 miles.
1993 Geo Tracker - 8 of 10 - This was mostly for my wife, but it was very reliable and a nice car to drive to and from work. The reason it gets an 8 is that it required expensive maintenance. (like the dumb timing belt)
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix - 8 of 10 - This car was my all time favorite in looks and being fun to drive. I sold it at 154,000 miles but I had to put over $8,000 in repairs to get it there. It just was not the most reliable car I ever owned.
2001 Pontiac Montana - 7 of 10 - This car was cheap. I paid $18,123 out the door new for it, drove it for 70,000 miles with only one $300 repair, and traded it in on the Acadia. It gets the 7 of 10 because it was an 8 passenger vehicle for a low price and met our family needs. But other than price and functionality, there was nothing else I liked about it.
2002 Chevy Tracker - 9 of 10 - Again for my wife. She LOVES this car. I do too. It is quite, smooth, 4WD and great in the snow. It is small and easy to park. It's just a great work car. It has been very reliable and is not too expensive to maintain. The only reason it does not get a 10 of 10 is because for as small as it is, it just does not get good gas mileage.
2004 Pontiac Vibe - 9 of 10 - This is the best car I have ever owned for my commute. Easy on gas, hauls big things, and is very cheap to own and operate. The only reason it is not a 10 of 10 is because it would not be a car I would take a trip in. Above 50 mph it is way underpowered, runs too high of RPM, and would not work on a trip.
2008 GMC Acadia - 10 of 10 - We love this car. We finally found a replacement for our 8 passenger van that we like. We only have 2000 miles on it, so if it stays reliable, then the 10 of 10 will stay.

·
Registered
95 Posts
In order of ownership:
1985 Pontiac 6000 STE 7 out of 10-Hand me down car from my Mother. Cool car with lots of digital readouts and plenty of room. Way underpowered for the size with a 2.8 liter V6 and crappy mileage since it didn't have overdrive. One of the best instrument panels but it really started rusting out at 88,000 and threw a piston rod through the engine block at 110,000 miles.

1992 Dodge Shadow ES 9 out of 10-I loved this car and bought it used after my pontiac blew up. It had a 3.0 liter V6 with a manual trans. This little thing had lots of torque and really moved, I used to keep up with V8 stangs, it was crazy and it got really good mileage. I sold it becuase it had power nothing and driving it in rush hour got boring. Should have kept it as it had lots of life left at 108,000 when I sold it.

2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic 6 out of 10-I leased this vehicle and couldn't wait to get rid of it, crappy ride, crappy mileage, not very comfortable or roomy inside. It looked good from the outside and was very funn off roading.

1999-Grand Prix GTP 8 out of 10- This was a great car, fast (supercharged) and great handling. Decent on gas, the only reason I gave it an 8 was that the trans started going at 115,000 and I got rid of it. I would have liked it to last longer.

2000 Chevrolet Blazer 7 out of 10- I still own this vehicle and will drive it during the winter. It is a very versatile and dependable SUV. It's very slow and burns a lot of gas, otherwise I really like it.

2007 Grand Prix GXP 10 out of 10- This is my "weekend car". V8 power with good mileage (Active Fuel Management). Handles great and has all the toys in it. When my GTP trans started going, this was the only choice. Have replaced the brakes after only 20k but they are performance and stop on a dime.

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 AWD 10 out of 10 (so far)- This is my wifes car and so far has been excellent. I did a lot of research on this car before I purchased it. All of the bells and whistles and is faster and better on gas than the Blazer (bigger too). Perfect fit for us!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Here is the chronological order of ownership:

1969 Oldsmobile Delta 88 - Inherited from Grandmother (in 1984). Great car and so fun to drive. Bad brakes (drums all around, worked fine, just bad technology and heavy car), and turns had to be dialed in a half-block ahead of time. Man would it go. Spacious, roomy seats which was oh so comfortable for high school dating. 7 of 10.

1972 Buick Skylark - College car, bought from someone elses grandmother, less miles than the Delta 88, but bad paint, and an engine which had not been taken care of. Took 2 weeks to get it the 600 miles to school the first time (3 days of driving, 11 days of work). Once it was rolling with a new radiator and some other work, ran fairly well- and would run for about 90 seconds after being turned off. 3 of 10 (just based on condition, new it would have been great)

1984 Toyota Corolla SR5 RWD. This is a drifter's dream these days. and this car was great. Got it from my pop with about 40k miles when it was 4 years old or so. Drove it for 9 years to 170k miles. Fun to drive, and other than being so hard on clutches, it required relatively little work. Some things like the A/C-Heat slide broke when it shouldn't have-- And the temp gauge never worked. 7 of 10.

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country. I got rid of this car too soon. Never a problem, solid power. I used to tow my sailboat with this, and it was a big boat. Except for the lateral motion as the boat blew around, it towed really well. 8 of 10.

1998 Mustang Convertible. Solid mechanically, but it was a rattletrap. This car had awful squeaks. 6 of 10 - loses 3 points just for the front fender rattle.

1999 Explorer. Another car I should have held onto. This was a 2 door sport. It was base, really BASE!. Remote locks were the biggest perk, and that was aftermarket. I got tired of the stick, and on trips with no cruise it stunk. 8 of 10 because it was rock solid.

1998 Honda Accord V6 Coupe- wife's car. Absolute POS. Gas gauge repaired 5 times, still didn't work. Broken starter within 4 years. At 40k miles, the transmission seemed to slip a little. Google searches uncovered a fairly common issue with transmissions crapping out under 60k miles. Timewise this car was already out of service contract. Ditched it to avoid expensive tranny problem. On the good side, it brought an amazing amount at trade in. 5 of 10.

1996 Mustang Convertible - Picked up my mom's red 96 Mustang three years after trading in my blue 98 Stang. The only problem with mine had been squeaks and rattles- mom's didn't have that issue- and it still doesn't. 111k miles and now 12 years old, this car is fantastic. In the past 4 years, total of $500 in repairs - mostly for a radiator replacement. New top was another $600. 30mpg daily driver (11 of 12 miles are highway miles with no traffic). 9 of 10.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 - Vroom Vroom. This was a fun car. Super fun acceleration. Tight fit for our growing family, and for a Limited, it didn't have much doo-dads. For the same MSRP as an 07 Acadia SLT2, this car wasn't in the same class as the Lambda. As someone said at the top- "I always feel like it will fall apart" - I just have this feeling about Jeeps too. Both have been great cars, but I cannot shake a lack of confidence. And I still WANT to own Jeeps - weirdest feeling. 8 of 10 for this car, losing one point for lack of snazz for a Limited edition.

2007 Acadia SLT2 - If you ask my wife, she will say the same thing as I. Best car either of us have ever owned. So completely well thought out and built. We were even happy with the tranny, but both right now like the new program a little more, although it looks like there might be a negative impact to milage. 9.5 of 10.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mitchl said:
Man would it go. Spacious, roomy seats which was oh so comfortable for high school dating. 7 of 10.
Hey mitchl - it sounds like we need an off-topic thread to hear about your high school dating??!!!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
In order of aquisition:

1975 Camaro: 7 out of 10 - My first car was a hand-me-down from one of my older sisters. 145 hp 350 cubic inch V-8. :rock: Aside from the rust, the car was indestructible. Sold it with 185K miles to get the IROC.

1980 VW Rabbit: 3 out of 10 - Total POS, but it did get good gas mileage. The radio actually shorted out and caught fire in the dash.

1985 IROC Z/28: 7 out of 10 - All kinds of fun to drive, stock exhaust sounded great, but the t-tops leaked, the radiator had to be replaced once a year, and the brakes were lousey for 4-wheel discs.

1989 Nissan 240SX: 8 out of 10 - Way underpowered, but drove like a go-kart. Handled great, great brakes, good gas mileage, and extremely reliable. 120K miles and never needed a single repair, just regular maintenance. Sold it to get the Maxima.

1993 Ford Probe GT: 8 out of 10 - Would've been better if it was RWD, but other than that it was a great little car. Leased.

1995 Ford Ranger 2wd: 6 out of 10 - A total McTruck. Nothing special, just got me from point A to B. Walked away at the end of the lease.

1997 Nissan Maxima SE 5-spd: 10 out of 10 - One of the best cars I ever owned and wish I still had. Fast, looked great in black, great stereo, no repairs over 80K miles and got 28 mpg. Sold it and got the Odyssey when we had our 2nd kid. :'(

1998 Toyota Tacoma SE-5 V-6: 6 out of 10 - Nice truck but started falling apart at 30K miles. Squeeks, rattles, burning oil, strange clunks from the front end. It was a lease so I ran away from it at the end.

1999 Chev. Silverado Z/71: 8 out of 10 - Pretty good truck that I put 100K hard miles on. Other than noisey on the highway, it was trouble free.

2002 Honday Odyssey: 8 out of 10 - It's a minivan, what else to say. But it was great for travelling and hauling the kids and their friends around. Sold it after 75K miles to get the Acadia.

2003 Chev. Silverado 1500HD: 9 out of 10 - Excellent truck. Gas mileage sucked, but my company pays for that. 125K miles and a few little problems, but nothing major.

2004 Pontiac GTO 6-spd: 10 out of 10 - :notworthy: Awesome car, a little quirky coming from Australia and all, but OMG was it a blast to drive.

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited: 7 out of 10 - Fun to drive around town with the top off and the kids in the back. Definitely not a highway cruiser.

2007 Chev. Silverado: 9 out of 10 - Awesome truck so far. Have put 26K miles on it since March.

2008 Acadia: 9.5 out of 10 - I can't give it a 10 unless its a "car", but other than that it perfect.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't usually post here, but am a regular on the Enclave forum. We are all in the same family anyway. This thread was too tempting to pass up.
Here is my automotive history, not necessarily in order of ownership.

2008 Buick ENCLAVE CXL 10 out of 10 (still own) What can I say that you don't already know.

2005 Buick LeSabre Limited 9 of 10 (still own) Great car

1995 Buick Park Avenue 8 out of 10 (still own)

1985 Buick Park Avenue 7 out of 10

(Do you see an improvement trend here?)

2000 Chevrolet Venture LT 8 of 10, but a pretty bland vehicle

1988 Dodge Caravan LE 6 of 10, great versatility, but a rattle trap & maintenance nightmare. This was my only NON GM vehicle ever, and was a mistake.

1983 Pontiac 1000 6 of 10 (A Chevette in disguise)

1980 Pontiac Phoenix LJ, not ratable in a public forum. The paint was peeling on delivery. Everything leaked, and I mean everything. The windshield, trans fluid, motor oil, coolant.....I sold it when 2 years old to buy my first house. Good riddance.

1978 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ 7 of 10, questionable 70's build quality. My first new car.
(All of the above were purchased new)

Below are listed used cars I have owned.
1974 Chevrolet Impala 5 of 10....just transportation/short term

1969 Oldsmobile Toronado 8 of 10 These cars are just starting to be appreciated again. I really liked this car.

1967 Chevrolet Nova Station Wagon. 7 of 10 This was my my 1st car, paid $75.00 in 1974. What is it about your first car that seems so special?

And I saved the best for last, 1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo, my baby.....Still own, and will never sell. 11 out of 10....just kidding :thumb:

FINAL tally:
BUICK 4 (still own 3)
Chevrolet 4 (still own 1)
Pontiac 3
Oldsmobile 1
Dodge 1 (sorry GM, I strayed)

Sorry, no GMC. Even though they have great products, I never was much of a truck person.

·
Registered
112 Posts
92' vw Golf 2 doors 8 of 10 no problem sold in 99' need a bigger car, made mistake
93' Sable, 2 of 10 transmission went bad quick, my wife totaled. [/color]
95' Nissan Maxima 5 of 10 good car nothing special. Bose system. trade for 97' Maxima
97' Maxima 6 of 10 oil leak after 90K. trade for Ford Explorer.
99' Explorer 7 of 10 no problems, tires worn quick. sold.
93' Audi 90s 6 of 10. my wife's car, She loved, but we pay about 1k for belt and pump and ect. Trade for VW passat.
99' Acura 3.2 TL 8 of 10. $800 for belt, check light almost always on. Trade for Acadia. Be aware for transimission. after 100k no cover by dealer.
02' VW Passat wagon. 8 of 10. My wife loved German cars. rear ashtray always broken (piece of sh...), change 5 times (dealer paid), then give up. Still have.
08' GMC Acadia. 9 of 10. Priceless. Space, third row for kids just right size. Driving experience almost perfect. (transmission has dead zones).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts