GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
World's stupidest question I know!

The area behind the 3rd row is reasonable for small shopping trips etc. but obviously some of or most of the time I will have the 3rd row seats down for more storage. I likely will take a child stroller, disabled car kit etc. plus groceries, stuff from the home depot etc. and I find myself wondering how most people prevent bags etc. from rolling around or becoming a flying hazard in a crash? Does anyone have those trunk "organizer" bags I have seen for SUV's or minivans? I love having the extra room (clearly this is my first SUV) but am scratching my head at the best way to put things back there without a defined trunk.

I do have an SLT-2 which includes the GMC net.

Thanks...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that looks like a great idea for groceries, thanks for the thread link. how about securing things like a stroller for safety? anyone else have a cargo "system" you can share? thanks...

·
Registered
108 Posts
We use a storage drawer that I picked up at Target and My sons wheel chair is on an angle on top of it,
I then weave a bungy cord through wheel chair and attach it to the net hooks. This is the only thing that I don't like about not having a seperate trunk space. I was in a car accident (rolled over) I learned that anything not tied down can be very dangerous in an accident.

Lee

·
Registered
533 Posts
I, too, feel that tie-downs would have been a nice touch. I've looked at the child seat secure points on the back of the seats and they appear quite strong. However, when you unlatch the plastic cover, the hinged plastic cover may likely get in the way. When I have my own, I may experiment (yikes) and carefully cut the plastic along the hinge line so that it become more of a removable cover. When replaced after use, I don't think the plastic cover would move around much even if the hinged edge were "severed". This scenario would provide at least 4 points to secure to the "floor" - knowing still that the seat-backs in the down position are not really secured. But, it ought to do a reasonably good job of preventing items (lumber, wheel chairs, etc.) from becoming projectiles during an accident.

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
681 Posts
Smooth said:
I, too, feel that tie-downs would have been a nice touch. I've looked at the child seat secure points on the back of the seats and they appear quite strong. However, when you unlatch the plastic cover, the hinged plastic cover may likely get in the way. When I have my own, I may experiment (yikes) and carefully cut the plastic along the hinge line so that it become more of a removable cover. When replaced after use, I don't think the plastic cover would move around much even if the hinged edge were "severed". [/color] This scenario would provide at least 4 points to secure to the "floor" - knowing still that the seat-backs in the down position are not really secured. But, it ought to do a reasonably good job of preventing items (lumber, wheel chairs, etc.) from becoming projectiles during an accident.

Smooth <><[/color]
After a few uses and folding down the 3rd row without closing that cover, it will split for you and fall off. I now have a removable latch cover. ;) I can tell you it locks in good when reattached and is not a problem, just have to store it while the car seats are installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts