GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just something you know thru your employer? It is essentially like a preferred vendor status that employees get as a benefit or something to that effect? Like "employees of Acme Corp. enjoy 10% off all purchase with companies X, Y & Z" ??? I keep reading how so many people say they are eligible for supplier pricing. Color me clueless....

·
Registered
425 Posts
Technically, you can get a certificate for the supplier discount without having any affiliation with GM. I received a certificate via email by doing some "research" on Google, and my company is in defense contracting...and has no affiliation with GM or it's subsidaries. This was before I found out that I could not use my GM credit card earnings while using the supplier discount.

I won't tell you how I did because it's not really ethical...but I will tell you all the information is on the web...you just need to Google it. :woot:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Or if you know someone who works for GM, or someone who knows someone, etc you can get supplier pricing through GM's gmfamilyfirst program. The employee can provide you with a code that will allow you to get supplier pricing.

www.gmfamilyfirst.com

I'll say this again however, supplier pricing is not that much better than invoice pricing so I would shoot for invoice pricing and then add the Conquest rebate on top of that if you can.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is kind of what I thought...Invoice with conquestand whatever else would be better from what i had read in the pricing threads. I was wondering if it was like the X-plan pricing for Ford, et al. When we were thinking about the XC90, my friend who works for ford motor credit was going to get us a pin for the discount at Volvo. Just wondered if it was the same type of deal. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts