GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pair of fancy white bulbs (I hope they are a closer match to the color of the HIDs) from

http://www.wheelzngrillez.com/gmfoglibubio.html

but at first look I can't see how you get to the back of the foglights. There is nothing in the manual.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
The manual says...

1) Remove the wheel.
2) Remove the wheel house liner (10 liner screws and 11 liner retainers). (use 22 lb-n torque when installing back on)
3) Disconnect the electrical connector from the fog lamp bulb socket
4) Twist the bulb socket counterclockwise and remove the fog lamp bulb.

I can tell you two things right now.

1) I will only use my fog lamps when it is an absolute must!! I want these things to last a long time.
2) If they do burn out, my dealer will be replacing them at the time of a tire rotation. I don't have the time to do all that.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I did it this afternoon. I didn't completely remove the wheel house liner. I was able to pull it back enough to reach in and change the bulb after removing the 5 screws around the fender lip and 2 behind the front air dam. It took about 30 minutes using the Acadia jack. I'll post some pictures of before and after this evening.

About that jack..I've put a 7/8" socket and ratchet in the rear storage compartment, in case I ever have to use that jack on the road.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, here they are. I can't tell much difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
kantkwit said:
About that jack..I've put a 7/8" socket and ratchet in the rear storage compartment, in case I ever have to use that jack on the road.
I used that jack too when installing the molded mud flaps. I quickly came to the realization that one of those 12-volt Impact wrenches is on my must buy list.

I can't change a tire like I used to when I drove tow truck for AAA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just changed mine while installing H I D s. Mine did not twist out, they have plastic clips on top and bottom you have to wedge small flat tip screwdriver to release.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
lnafree said:
Mine did not twist out, they have plastic clips on top and bottom you have to wedge small flat tip screwdriver to release.
What year is your Acadia?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I didn't take the wheel off. Just turn the wheel inwards and remove enough wheel house liner screws to reach into the fender. It took less than 10 minutes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts