GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...so we all know where the Acadias are produced. Once the vehicles are ready to be shipped to the dealerships from the factory, do they still ship them by rail if their final destination is in Michigan, Northen Indiana, or Northern Ohio? Or, do they just put them on a truck and take them on their short journey to the dealership?

Just curious. I had read on the Zaino web site that brake dust from rail cars can really do a number on your new vehicle if you aren't careful (e.g. using a clay bar).

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm in central Ohio (dealer in Delaware) and my understanding is that it came truck only. I'm a Zaino fan, and went over it right away, but I have to say I could not find any flaws or imperfections. I did clay it and Zaino it right away, and the red jewel really has great depth and shine.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are fairly close...live between Dayton and Cincy. When you did your clay bar, did you pick up a lot of debris? That's good to know that ours ship by truck only...no rail brake dust.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guess they use trucks. I saw a few times trucks with load of Acadias/Enclaves head for 401 East to Toronto after crossing the Detroit/Windsor boarder.

·
Registered
180 Posts
fenwah said:
We are fairly close...live between Dayton and Cincy. When you did your clay bar, did you pick up a lot of debris? That's good to know that ours ship by truck only...no rail brake dust.
Fenwah: I'm in a suburb of Columbus, Lewis Center. I grew up in Oxford, and seem to recall that you posted that you were a Miami grad. Do you live near Oxford now?

I really didn't get a lot of debris from the clay bar, but enough that I was glad I did it. I don't think mine sat on the lot very long since there were only ever one or two available and they were turning over fast.

Love the Zaino, it's really easy to keep clean once I've spent some time with it. Erik

·
Registered
95 Posts
I live in the Metro Detroit area and periodically travel to Lansing. On my last trip I saw no less than three truckloads of Acadia/Outlood/Enclaves traveling down I-96 on their way out of Lansing. I have no idea where they were going but I would assume that within some radius it is less expensive to put them on a truck than unload and reload them onto a train. I hope this means I won't have to worry about the dust when mine comes in.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in Beavercreek, OH now (suburb of Dayton). We're heading back to Oxford this fall for homecoming. We have a cabin at Hueston Woods for the weekend. The group that we are going with is leaving their kids with the grandparents...so we will be partying it up at Mac and Joes!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
fenwah said:
I live in Beavercreek, OH now (suburb of Dayton). We're heading back to Oxford this fall for homecoming. We have a cabin at Hueston Woods for the weekend. The group that we are going with is leaving their kids with the grandparents...so we will be partying it up at Mac and Joes!!
My brother-in-law lives in Beavercreek, we often stop on the way to Oxford. We may head down for homecoming, Hueston Woods is a great place to stay. I could go for a cold one and a cheesburger at Mac and Joes right now.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk Miami memories and Acadias. Erik

1 - 8 of 8 Posts