GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent nearly an hour on here plus going through the owners manual trying to find out how to remove those little black round plastic clips that hold on that plastic cover under the hood at the front. I tried popping them up with a flat tip screwdriver, but it started to chew them up so I stopped. Is there a trick to it I am not trying?
Sorry if I missed it elsewhere on the board.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
What plastic cover?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sounds like you are doing it right. Yes, you will break a few in your first tries. Go to your dealer and grab a bag full of them if you want to do this regularly.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Easy, small flat screwdriver. Insert blade into the gap between smaller top layer, and wider bottom layer.. gently pry up. The top part will pull out a bit, and then you just put the blade under the wider bottom part and your done.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Okay, took some quick photos, light was really bad, so I don't know if they will help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Pics are always helpful; I may not have figured out these are a two step process

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I had the right idea, but I just needed to pry a little harder. :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Why are you removing them?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wanted to see what is under there and see where the radiator cap is and what not.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
alphadog1 said:
I wanted to see what is under there and see where the radiator cap is and what not.
For what reason? Leave well enough alone. Guess you are bored, have fun....not something I would do, but.....

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
09Enclave said:
alphadog1 said:
For what reason? Leave well enough alone. Guess you are bored, have fun....not something I would do, but.....
Alphadog is a hands on guy; he has to take things apart to see what's there and to see how things work. Which means I don't have to take the cover off of my Acadia to see what's there, someone else can and tell me later

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
09Enclave said:
alphadog1 said:
The other thing is, doesnt removal of that panel make getting the oil filter off easier for DIY maintenance? I think it is a pain in the rear to do from the bottom.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I have heard that as well; if you're changing the oil let us know how much easier it is with the cover off and maybe some pics if it's not too much trouble

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have changed my oil from the start and don't take the cover off when changing the filter it is simple with the cover on. ;)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Removing the engine cover gives you more room.

·
Registered
423 Posts
alphadog1 said:
what did you see? the hood pin, we have been trying to find that booger. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Schram said:
alphadog1 said:
what did you see? the hood pin, we have been trying to find that booger. :banghead:
What do you mean hood pin?

·
Registered
423 Posts
when your hood is popped and your dic says Hood Open. it was in a remote start thread and i dont think we answered to where it was.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts